Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 09:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/271/135

Height: 5ft 3in

Default I'm new

Hello. I found this forum today whilst I was looking around. I am 50 years old and have been overweight ever since having my two children when I was in my late teens. I have been on numerouse diets, losing and then putting it and more back on again. I feel it is time I really took my life back into my control and did something about my weight. I have the determination just not the motivation to get up and do it.

I have been reading some of the threads in here and have found it encouraging to see that people can actually lose weight.

I really need help and lots of advice. Not feeling very happy at the moment.
Old 10-14-2006, 09:16 AM   #2  
hott mama inside!

S/C/G: 210/ticker/150

Height: 5ft,6in

Welcome!! glad to see other newbies here with me , my name is sara! great job in taking the first step!!
Old 10-14-2006, 09:25 AM   #3  

Thankyou Sara my name is Barb. It's a bit scary joining new places and meeting new people. I am a very shy person in real life. I feel like I just might be able to do it with some support from others on this forum.
Old 10-14-2006, 10:26 AM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Well welcome, it's great to have you here!! Just putting it down in writing (the fact that you're ready to make a change) is a GREAT first step. I love this place and I'm sure you will too. Our numbers are very similiar and I'm sure we can be of help to each other. Do you have an eating plan? A fitness plan? Our numbers are very similar so I'm sure we can be of great help to one another. Good luck!!!!
Old 10-14-2006, 06:40 PM   #5  

not really as yet. I sure know what I need to do. I sure cant afford to go to a gym every day and I cant afford a personal trainer. Funds are very short here on the farm. Being burnt out at the beginning of the year and the onset of drought have not helped. I was a member of Weight Watchers but even that became too expensive for me, that was over 15 years ago. I have no idea how much it costs to go there now.

I feel very inspired by the stories I have read here thus far, mind you I was only on here for about half an hour last night and I am totally amazed at some of the goals people have reached.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:23 AM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

I know it is incredible to see how many people have reached their goals, I too find it sooo inspiring, in fact I look forward to the day when I can post that I have reached my goal!!

I too can't afford a gym right now, but think eventually I will have to. I started walking and that has been a big help -about 5 times a week, I'm up to about 30 mins at a pop. I've been eating lots of protein - white meat chicken, fish, lean meat every now and then and egg white omlettes. High fiber cereal and lots and lots of veggies. And Pam cooking spray is my new best friend. I eat small amounts of carbs. And I visit this site often!!!
Old 10-24-2006, 01:08 AM   #7  

I have lost 2.5 lb hehe...not a big lot but better than putting it on.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:04 AM   #8  
3 + years maintaining

My thoughts exactly! That's great. Anytime that scale goes down instead of up is a good day in my book. Keep it up!
Closed Thread