Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-14-2006, 08:35 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 181/174/144

Height: 5'5"

Default Need to crawl back on to the wagon..

Hello.. I am new on this board, although I have been lurking here for quite sometime...
I am 58 yrs. young, I live in Arkansas (originally from Wisconsin). I have been on a diet forever...about 37 yrs.!! That is how old my son is.

The last diet or shall I say way of eating..was the Prism it is a faith based eating plan and I lost 23lbs. (152lbs,)and I loved it...Sadly I gained back 16lbs. It took 6mo. to lose 23lbs. and 2 mo. to gain 16 back!!!...I know that sugar and white flour are my enemy and I want to stop eating them!!

So here I am for some support.. Thanks slimsoon

Last edited by Slimsooner; 10-14-2006 at 08:56 AM.
Slimsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 06:42 PM   #2  

Height: 5'1"

Hi, I could have written your post. I had my son when I was very young and have faught my weight ever since. Before I was TOO thin, believe it or not. 5'1" and I weighed 95 lb. I have tried every diet going and they all work....for awhile. The thing with diets is, you go off them. Now i have finally decided to stop dieting and concentrate on eating healthy and exercising. And ya know, it's working. One thing I can say, support helps. I know now that I can't do it on my own either. that is why I keep comming back here. If you would like to have an e-mail buddy let me know.
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 08:45 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 181/174/144

Height: 5'5"

Hi Slim,

Thank you for the reply... I agree with you healthy is the way best way to go..
Prism was that way...accountability to me is key and I need that. In our group everyone lost weight and then they just stopped coming... I am contemplating starting a free losers group at the church.

An E-mail buddy would be good...When I figure out how to work the PM's I will send you a message...

Thanks Slimsoon
Slimsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 10:31 AM   #4  

Height: 5'1"

Hi Slim (from one slim to another) I think a church group would work wonderfully! A group is always an inspiration and it's just easier to do it with someone else. In the meantime, my e-mail address is [email protected]
looking forward to hearing from you,
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote