Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 02:59 PM   #1  
I can do it !!!!

Height: 5'6"

Unhappy Another newbie - tired of making excuses.

Hi everyone. I'm new too. I was inspired by watching the Celebrity Fit Club as well as Bigger Loser. Here is my brief run down: I am 41 years old and had been thin, actually very thin - for most of my life. In college my measurements had been 34-22-34. I weighed a whopping 100 pounds. Over the years I put weight on here and there, but never was more than 135, a size 8 petite.
I stayed that until around age 35 when I got pg with first child, 2 yrs later had another baby. So today I am 209.5. -- a size 16 or 18.
Did I put that down? Yikes!
This is my secret journal. My secret place to come and explain myself.
On the Fit Club - Carnie Wilson was given a lie detector because she kept saying "I swear I gave it my all and I just can't lose". I've said that myself.
I don't want to use my pregnancies as my excuse. I don't want to drink a coke from McDonalds early in the morning and say that I gave it my all.
I am tired of chest pains, tired of being tired.
I hope to find friends here and to share our journies and to celebrate our goals. I don't know what to expect. Maybe a 2 pound loss each week? 3 pounds???
Sorry for the long intro. I am looking forward to browsing this site more and at some point I hope to post my GOAL photo
Old 10-03-2006, 04:14 PM   #2  
1st baby due 3/1/07!!!

S/C/G: 150/158/135

Height: 5.3

Welcome! I was about 15 pounds or less from my goal when I got pregnant, now I'm focused on gaining a healthy amount and eating well. I'm looking forward to getting back on track once I have the baby.

You'll find tons of support here, good luck and keep us updated!
Old 10-09-2006, 09:35 PM   #3  
skinnywithin

S/C/G: 220

Height: 5'5"

Unhappy I'm tired of being the big girl!

My name is Konnie and I weight 220lbs. I hate it. I hate to go out bc people that I haven't seen in a while always say " Oh my God" or "I didn't even know who you where" It makes me feel so insecure. I have tried tons of diets but never stayed on them for more than 2 weeks. I have a treadmill, exercise bike, weights, ab swing, etc.......... I am totally upset with myself bc I want to lose weight, I am not happy in my own skin. This weight keeps me from going out with my husband, I am to ashamed and it makes him unhappy bc I don't want to go out anywhere. I wanna try atkins but it's not healthy eating all that protein. I don't wanna be a dark cloud but I just need motivation right now!
Old 10-09-2006, 10:45 PM   #4  
I'm ready to make changes

S/C/G: 175/175/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi Y'all. I'm noodlesz from Texas. I'm 45 years old and 175 too many lbs! My goal weight is 130. I found this site back in Feb of this year and successfully achieved the 21 day challenge for over 40 days!!! Then, like the rest of my life . . . I backslid. Now I'm back and determined to be successful. it helps to know there are others out here to face the same challenges. I may get lost in all these threads, but I'll keep weaving around until I find you again. Thanks for being here.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:54 AM   #5  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Oh I'm full of excuses!! Sometimes I call myself the queen of excuses. I've got every reason in the world for taking this weight off and yet I always seem to come up with more and more excuses as to why i dont. Thats got to stop!! these extra pounds keep me fro way too much in my life to let the excuses continue to rule me. Noodlez I keep telling myself I want to try the 21 day challenge but havent yet.

We've just got to start making the choices that get us to where we want to go! The only one stopping us is...us! Its not gonna be easy but maybe if we just stick together we can finally do it!!
Old 10-10-2006, 09:07 AM   #6  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the wonderful forums! You will find alot of support and diet tips here!
I am also 41 (well atleast for another 3 weeks, LOL) and found myself on the wrong side of 200 lbs last spring. I have never been thin but I had never really thought of myself as fat either. Size 8 petite was always a good size for me too. After having 2 babies in a 3 year period I got fat! And stayed this way for (shame on me) 5 years! Now 5 months later I am back into a size 8 petite!!! Granted I could still lose a few pounds, I am so much happier now than I was last spring. You can and will succeed!!!!
Old 10-10-2006, 09:10 AM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

All I know is that I am so tired of being overweight. I say to myself it's so darn hard to lose weight. But you know what it's so incredibly hard to BE this overweight. I don't know which is harder anymore. I'm sick of not swimming with my children, dancing with my husband, walking with my friends, wearing pretty clothes, not traveling, having no energy, being stared at and so on and so on. I just wanna feel normal, nothing special, just normal. Wow, did I just write all that down.
Closed Thread