Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-29-2006, 11:14 AM   #1  
waddle... walk... run!

S/C/G: 372/372/200

Height: 6'1

Default Hello from Kansas

Hello, my name is Robb. I'm 6'1, 372lbs and 26 years old. I'm from Kansas. I have been overweight since middle school. I was encouraged to be big as I played football, rugby and wrestled throughout middle and high school in hopes of one day getting a scholarship for one of those sports. Ironically enough, I ended up being offered Debate scholarships. One high school ended, sports ended but my eating habits did not. We all know that the key to gaining weight is to eat more, move less and that's what I have been doing.

So, with family history of heart attacks, type 2 diabetes, heart problems, etc. etc. jumping through hoops to get weight loss surgery only to be denied by the insurance company and that I have to use a damn CPAP every night... I'm ready to eat less and move more, much more.

I started yesterday. I walked 6 miles (4 in the morning and 2 in the evening) and did some minor weight lefting. I am not keeping a food journal intially because then I find myself thinking about food way too often but I did wipe out the cabinets and fridge of the bad and not-so-good foods.

My goals co-incide(sp) with my inspirations- board member Charles and his weight loss success, moderator Meg and her success at becoming a personal trainer. That's my goal: Lose 176lbs and become a personal trainer. (BTW Meg- if you happen to be reading this, I have questions about the AFAA and other certification programs. LMK if it's ok to PM you.)

I'll be looking to the 300+ support group for encouragement and community.

Thanks for taking the time to read. Good luck with your daily goals!
.robb. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 01:25 PM   #2  
stbakd

hi robb welcome
glen
hefty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 09:51 PM   #3  
Not giving up!!

S/C/G: 323/200/175

Height: 5'8

Hello and Welcome!!

My name is Sunshine I am also 26 and from Kansas!!

Glad luck with your weight loss!! You can do it!!
~~Sunshine~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 09:59 PM   #4  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

Hi Robb.. You seem very determined and you have thought out your goals well. Congrats on starting this journey. Welcome to the board!
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 01:04 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Robb!!! Yay Kansas!! Isn't it great here? Where are you abouts? I have to say the 300+ area is full of fabulous girls. They would love you over there. I wish you great luck and strength as you begin your journey.
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 05:15 AM   #6  
Meg

Welcome, Robb! We're so glad you found us here at 3FC.

Feel free to PM me about certification programs and any other questions you may have. Being a personal trainer is incredibly rewarding and you'll have so much experience and empathy to draw on - what a great goal!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:06 AM   #7  
stbakd

where are you robb. come back. glen
hefty1 is offline   Reply With Quote