Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 02:32 PM   #1  

Default New (and hopefully improved)

Hi!
I've been using the 3FC website off and on (mostly OFF lately) for years for recipes and info.

Wow, has it changed while I was away!

A little about me:
Married (1st time-1 year-no kids), 43, female, type 2 diabetic (1 yr), and need to lose 160 pounds.

I gained most of that over the past 3 years, when I got sick. I have Chronic Fatigue/Immune Deficiency/Anxiety Disorder/Clinical Depression/etc. It started with a 3-month migraine in July 2003 and just got worse from there.

Enough of the boring stuff. The illness is something that happened to me. it is NOT who I am.

I am honestly frightened by my weight. I am also mortified and am to the point where I don't want to go out in public.

I know some of this may seem blunt, but I figure I need to be completely honest.

I am looking for info on an exercise program for someone like me, simple recipes (used to LOVE to cook before I got sick), and support from folks who are/were this overweight.

I would sure love to hear some success stories.

I posted on the 300+/40 forum, but would like info on other places on this Board that are used frequently.

I am looking forward to getting to know you and I would love some direction on which forums I should post on/read.

Thanks for listening!
Old 09-17-2006, 01:33 PM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Well I'm kinda in the same boat as you. i need to lose 150 pounds. I have an appointment tomorrow with a nutritionist and I'm hoping she can help me. I am extremely determined to lose all this weight, but know it will be slow going - one awful pound at a time.
Closed Thread