Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-13-2006, 07:59 PM   #1  
Diane

S/C/G: 224/224/148

Height: 5'8"

Default Hello, I'm Diane and I want to lose this weight and NOT gain it all back (again)

Hello all!

I'm glad I found this forum. I'm hoping that this will keep me encouraged and on track.

Right now I can't seem to get motivated to even start an exercise program. I am a member at a gym and to eDiets but I just can't seem to get into any groove.

Any advice?

Thanks!
Diane
fr33dem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 08:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 298/288/175

Diane,

I understand how you feel. I just returned to exercise and being healthy.

It is a challenege, but you can do it.

Allie
AllieNVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 08:22 PM   #3  
Ashley

Height: 5'8"

Diane,
Welcome to 3FC. This is a great web site for encouragement.

My goal is to change my lifestyle rather than start a "diet". I can't think of having to go to the gym for the rest of my life, but I can think of the gym as the first step in getting in shape for a more active life. I'd love to be able to join a bicycle club, go kayaking, or ride horses once I get some weight off and am in better physical condition.

What would you like to do once you weight 148 that you're not able to do today?
Ashley103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 10:59 PM   #4  
guru

S/C/G: 175/175/175

Height: 6ft

Hey Diane.have maintained same 175 weight for 20 years,,,human body requires habit,,takes 30 days to acquire new habit so,,forget meat,,dairy,, all animal foods are unnatural for humans,,,the science is in,,,no question...So please listen,,eat all you want of most everything else,,light on sugar and all oils except olive,, most people are dehydrated,,,it takes water to wash out fat and toxins,,, so drink at least 4 quarts a day,,, have a colonic once a week.... your colon weights 4 lbs nomally,,the average colon in the U.S weights 35 lbs ,,thats 31 lbs right,,, it's very simple walk,,,walk,,,, fast fast and then your done,,,,for the rest of your life,,,it's easy easy kenny
guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 11:15 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 152/140/125

Height: 5'7"

I respectfully disagree with guru. Colonics are not needed in order to maintain health or to lose weight. In fact, they can be dangerous.

http://www.healthatoz.com/healthatoz...rt08162005.jsp

Here's the key to long term weight loss and maintenance.

1. Eat a well balanced diet high in veggies, fruit and other whole foods.
2. Avoid processed foods
3. Watch your portion sizes (use a free service like www.fitday.com if you need help in this area)
4, Drink water
5. Exercise 6 days a week (both cardio & strength)
6. Make time for YOU every day (meditate, journal, read, knit, or whatever floats your boat)

Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:28 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru View Post
Hey Diane.have maintained same 175 weight for 20 years,,,human body requires habit,,takes 30 days to acquire new habit so,,forget meat,,dairy,, all animal foods are unnatural for humans,,,the science is in,,,no question...So please listen,,eat all you want of most everything else,,light on sugar and all oils except olive,, most people are dehydrated,,,it takes water to wash out fat and toxins,,, so drink at least 4 quarts a day,,, have a colonic once a week.... your colon weights 4 lbs nomally,,the average colon in the U.S weights 35 lbs ,,thats 31 lbs right,,, it's very simple walk,,,walk,,,, fast fast and then your done,,,,for the rest of your life,,,it's easy easy kenny

I disagree with guru as well. Colonics can be dangerous and are completely uneccessary-especially having one as often as once a week.
Also, no matter what the food is-most of us cannot eat "as much as we want" of anything...even if it is healthy. Too many calories equals weight gain no matter where it comes from. You have to take in slightly less than you burn each day to lose weight.
Also-being a vegan is a personal choice. There are healthy vegans, and there are healthy meat and dairy eaters-and there are UNHEALTHY people in both of those categories. There is plenty of vegan junk food out there-vegetarian corn dogs and Fruity Pebbles, for instance. Not eating meat does not naturally make one healthy-just as eating a bit of yogurt or fish now and then does not make one unhealthy. It is your food choices overall. Junk food, and too many calories can be eaten by both types of individuals.
I don't know about my colon weighing 35 pounds...it is more like my behind. My mother is a nurse and has witnessed a lot of surgeries...not once has she seen a 35 pound colon. That would have to be pretty large in size to weigh as much as my SON. My butt I could agree with, however.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote