Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-05-2006, 02:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 178/135/?

Height: 5'2

Default Trying Again.. Need Buddy

My name is Amy, I'm almost 28 (Sept. 24) and I am thisclose to reaching my goal, something I thought was impossible. I started my weight loss journey back in February, a month after I returned from Florida. I weighed 176.. I'm only 5'2. I joined a local gym and began making positive changes in my eating habits. Fast forward to the present and my weight now stands at 142. I would like to be between 130 and 135. My problem is I've hit a rut. A plateau. A standstill. I have been slacking off of my exercise and indulging in sweets one too many times. I'm afraid if I keep on like this I will ultimately gain back all the weight I've worked so hard to take off. If anyone is interested in being my buddy by offering their support and motivation I would be extrememly grateful. Please PM me if your interested.. thanks
Alora199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 01:52 AM   #2  
Believe and Achieve

S/C/G: 365/311/180

butterfly_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 07:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/138/120

Height: 5'5

Hello I am 23 (till sept. 15th), 5'5 and weigh 141. I was 135 a couple of weeks ago but, I have been eating way to much! I need help I need to get to 120!!! I would love to buddy up with you since I am feeling the same pain. Maybe we can motivate one another....weigh ins, support,etc...what do you say?
Sherice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 12:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 150/142/125

Height: 5'6"

Hi, I am new to this forum. I am 35 and did SBD two years ago and lost 45 lbs. Somehow got off the boat and gained back about 15 of it and now back on phase1....Would love to have some buddies to share with since it seems harder this time. Anyway I started again on the 4th and of course this first week or two will be ****!!!!! I'm up for some motivating weigh ins, support or just sharing ideas.
Sae2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 12:57 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 228/227/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi Amy,

I'm lots older than you are, in fact I have a son who just turned 28 yesterday. I can identify with you and admire you for taking control of your situation so young. I've played games my whole life with one diet afer the other, congratulating myself when I lost a few pounds and then eating one of my old favorites like a cheeseburger or dessert. When it didn't show on the scale the next day I thought I could do it again and before I knew it I was right back where I was before and then gained even more. So now I have to lose almost 100 pounds. You have reached a plateau and you know you're at a crossroad. You can believe you are going to get to your goal and stay there or you can believe you don't deserve to be thin forever and the food is very comforting. NOthing tastes as good as thin feels (I'm sure you've heard that before) but it's so true. Go for a walk, dance naked around your house, have fabulous sex, do anything that burns some calories. You can do this!!!!
Rich's Merri is offline   Reply With Quote