Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-02-2006, 11:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/175/150

Height: 5'7"

Default New here...

Hello! My name is Kate. I have been stuggling with my weight for the past few years now. I have always been on the "chunkier" side but have tried to get my eating habits under control in the last few years. In April of 2005, I started a massive overhall on my lifestyle and, alongside my former roommate, embarked on a successful fitness and healthy eating regime. By August of last year, I was at my lowest weight of 164 (down from ~180) and, more importantly, the most fit I've ever been! Now, a year later, many things have changed for me. I started grad school last fall and found that my free time has gone out the window. I let going to the gym go to the wayside, ate more liberally, but managed to maintain my weight at about 170 for the year. Now, I have found that in the past few months I have gone up another ten pounds, back to my original 180. This has made the end of summer utterly depressing for me.

Now that school is back in session, I have vowed to try and get back to my healthy lifestyle. I am a healthy eater overall (lots of veggies, fruit, whole grains, turkey/chicken), I just have a problem with binge eating on sweets when I am down. Thus, if I can find a way to overcome this, then my eating habits should be fine. My main problem is going to be finding the motivation to get my butt to the gym! It is just so hard with my crazy schedule and I am very good at making excuses. So, this is why I joined this site-- to get support and feel like I have other people who understand where I am coming from. I look forward to meeting you all!
bugsers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 07:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 218/218/168

Height: 5'8"

hey bugsers, glad that you found this site and i know that you will find the support that you need. everyone here is great motivation. you might want to look at some of the challenge sites (18 week and 21 day are two that i like) they help keep you honest. good luck!
trob
trob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 08:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

Wear a pedometer. It's great for making you stand up and make those numbers move.

WELCOME!!
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 09:51 PM   #4  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafinlySmart View Post
Wear a pedometer. It's great for making you stand up and make those numbers move.
YES! Especially if you get the kind that registers aerobic steps as well as total steps. I highly recommend the Omron HJ-112, which I purchased at the recommendation of several people here.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 12:12 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/175/150

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for the welcome, everyone. I will definitely check out the pedometer.
bugsers is offline   Reply With Quote