Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-24-2006, 10:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 191/191/150

Height: 5ft 5

Red face Looking for a buddy!

I seriously lack motivation and need someone to kick me in the @$$ when need be
My hubby is ex-army and was a fitness instructor and somehow that isn't enough.. I guess I need someone that can understand and not let me fall victim to excuses!
Certain childhood "trauma" has caused me to want to sabotage anything good I do for myself and I've been working on fixing that.
When I lived in Norway with my hubby everything was perfect and I was slim and just so close to being where I wanted to be. Moving back to the States was very hard. When he joined the US Army I ended up having a mental breakdown and went to the loony bin for a few things. It was there that the childhood "trauma" came back to bite me in the @$$ and all **** broke loose healthwise. I was put on lexapro and gained 30 pounds in 3 months. I had been eating very well and going to the Navy gym 4 days a week!! So I gave up. This was 2 years ago. I'm only mentioning this to kind of put a perspective here. There's much more to it but then again there always is.
I'm very stubborn and strong-willed, I just lack motivation to get to where I need to be. My goal is to go down 6 pants sizes, so I don't know what weight exactly that would put me at since I'm one of those funky weights
Heeeeelp!

ps- I'm more than willing to be very supportive and help back as much as I can! I know very well this isn't a one-way street and wouldn't expect it to be!

Thank you so much for your time!
jegersengel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 10:04 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hello... just want to say
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 09:28 PM   #3  
I'm on the wagon

S/C/G: 314/275.5/125

Height: short stuff

jegersengel

I and welcome to the forum
Sounds like you need a few pals and you're in the right place friend

I'm sorry to hear about your childhood stuff, whatever it was.

Since you mentioned you have a hubby who is ex army ( I assume no longer in?) I just wanted to mention that we have a military spouse thread going on in the "support" forum. It's down under the threads at the top, called military spouses #2 or something like that. My hubby is in the air force.

A lot of us have lost and re-gained, myself included (though I didn't get to my goal). It's okay, what's done is done, and you can start today and move on from there. Every day is a new day. Since you have been successful in the past, take that knowledge and use it as positive reinforcement that you CAN do it!! Forget the motivation part for now. Just start, and take it day by day. I don't use motivation, i just DO. I've always been REALLY bad with motivation!! (professional procrastinator here)

Again, welcome, and I'm really glad you are here

~ Angie
Abbeycat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 06:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 191/191/150

Height: 5ft 5

Thank you so much for your advice
I may have to pop into that thread sometime soon!
I managed to get to the gym today even without my MP3s! I'm really happy I managed to go! Hopefully tomorrow I'll remember the stinkin headphones *hehe*
jegersengel is offline   Reply With Quote