Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-20-2006, 09:23 AM   #1  

Default Newbie here

Well I think I can safely say that yesterday was the worst day of my life. My beautiful daughter who is 7, told me that she was embarrassed of me because of how big i am. I got on the scale this morning and weighed 265 lbs, the largest i have EVER been. I am going to start WW again on Monday night. I need someone to PLEASE help me do this and keep me motivated. It hurts so bad that my baby is embarrased by me. I am tired if being the fat girl. My best friend is a size 2 and on fat days a size 4. So I look ALOT bigger standing next to a pole My husband is a big guy and the last time I lost alot of weight (50 lbs) we started having marital problems, so I think that in the back of my mind that is keeping me from losing also.
Thanks for letting me join you

Niki
Neast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 09:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 207/186/140

Height: 5'4

Cool

Nicky, Welcome...

We are all sisters in the same struggle. My heaviest was 207 and by this my husband was becoming use to seeing me that way... of course he wasn't happy because when he met me I was much smaller. He use to say that he wanted that girl back. This never made me feel good about myself and my confidence suffered. I probably ate more too. Although I knew my husband loved me, I never felt comfortable going out to functions with him or going out period. I decided to take action, just like you are doing now and I am proud that you've decided to make a change.

What I've come to realize is that your happiness starts with you. If there is anything you need, you'll get tons of help from all of us...this site has a wealth of information
Camie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 10:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/217/140

Height: 5'5

Hi, Nicki, I actually just joined yesterday as well....but I wanted to reply to your post before I put up my own. I did ww and it actually worked well for me. I stopped because I'm a college student and that twenty bucks could go to something else. And believe me, I understand about the best friend. My best friend, love her dearly, is like a size five or six. I was a size fifteen, pushing 16/17. And actually, that's what kicked up my motivation. We would go to clubs and stuff, and guys would ask me for her name!! I have a wonderful fianc to come home to, but still, it's nice to have a guy flirt with me once in awhile, make me feel like I'm more than her excess baggage, ya know? I managed to get down to a size 12 (13 on bad days), so I don't look quite so bad next to her now. Have you talked to your friend? She can be a big help, if she loves you!! Maybe she'll be willing to work out with you, or keep you honest when you go out to eat. And don't let your husband guilt you into keeping the weight on!!! Maybe he can be your workout buddy. Tell him that the weight you're at now isn't healthy, and you want to be around for that beautiful daughter a long, long, long time. But see if you can get your husband to join you in your weight loss efforts. And a quick sidenote: you may want to consider the South Beach diet instead of ww. The book is only twenty-five dollars, or you can check it out from the library for free. If you want more info on that, feel free to e-mail me or pm me.
Arista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 02:19 PM   #4  

Niki
I am new also. I have 2 daughters so I can relate to your feelings. My dd's are older and now dating and my fear is their boyfriends will look at me and thing that is what the future will look like for my girls. PS both girls are average to thin and beautiful! I want to lose this weight for my health mainly but also for my daughters.
My problems is that I don't know where to start. I have been on WW and other diets but they work for a while then ???
I lost 100lbs once before when I was younger by using diet pill but I don't want to go that route.
Kim
blondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 02:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Welcome all you new folks. Why don't you each make your own intro and tell us a little about yourselves. What you like to eat and do for activities. We'll help you come up with something.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 06:09 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Hi Niki! Welcome to the board ...you'll find lots of support and encouragement here. You can do WW without going to the meetings -- that's what I do. WW or calorie counting are the only things that work for me. I can't do things like the South Beach Diet, because if certain foods are off limits for me it'll drive me insane and I'll eat them anyway. Your body will lose weight if you create a calorie deficit, and you can spend those calories on whatever you want. Obviously, the healthier choices you make, the better, but the deficit is what makes you lose weight. Therefore, I prefer to stick to a plan that doesn't forbid anything because then I never feel like I'm cheating and so I'm not tempted to quit. Check out the "WW at Home" thread -- most of the people there ordered the WW at Home kit, but I'm just doing it with a few old WW materials. If you have any questions about it or want to talk about anything or just motivate each other, send me a PM!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 06:21 PM   #7  

Thanks for all the great welcomes and support!!!
Neast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 10:25 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 244/244/194 mini goal

Height: 5'0"

I understand completely where you are coming from. I have an almost 7 year old son who told me one day that his friends all made fun of me for being fat. I think it hurt worse than when I was a kid and was teased myself. I am restarting WW/calorie counting tomorrow and would love a buddy to motivate each other.
angms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 02:28 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 240/238/150

Height: 5'2"

Hello, I'm a newbie here too, and came for the support, help, motivation and buddies to help me stay on track. I will probably do the calorie counting route too. It just bothers me that all the diet programs cost so much. I for one can't afford to join them. I'm in hopes that 3 Fat Chick will be what I need.
Kathy
kathyb3971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 04:04 PM   #10  
I believe in miracles

S/C/G: 212/212/130

Height: 5'1

Default newbie

Hi Everyone,

I'm a newbie also, I having been getting bigger over the years and just can't seem to stop the cycle. I had a little girl last year, and actual lost weight during the pregnancy. I have sinced gained that all back and some.

I don't eat constantly, But we do eat that meal for the day its a lot. I don't eat breakfast, normally lunch and dinner maybe. My husband is not complaining about my weight, but he will make sutle comments here and there about food or how I eat. He'll say your not big you just need to lose your stomach. I want to have more energy for daughter. She is one now and very active.

I recently joined a gym and I just started the atkins diet yesterday. Gotch I love my carbs too, but I have do this because I'm am tired of being overweight. I found this site today and everyone seems to be so supportive. We can all help support each other through this journey.

Trish

Last edited by sapphire35; 08-21-2006 at 04:12 PM.
sapphire35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 09:25 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 184/183/140

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to 3 Fat Chicks ladies!!!

There is a lot of motivation on this thread! I love it.

It is terrible when the people we love the most are so honest!! We know it, but it hurts so much when they say it....

I have been here since the beginning of July. My weight loss is painfully slow and has at times driven me NUTS. I've had slip ups, and tried EVERYTHING. But, I'm back to my old favorite: counting calories. It's the science and in the end, it's what REALLY works. Losing weight with pills is enticing, but....

I'd be careful about the atkins/gym combo: you NEED carbs to work out (South Beach might be a better option?)

I did WW but I didn't love it. I know it's essentially the same as counting calories, but I like the Fit Day software better than WW website...personal preference.

We're always around on this website....everyone have a good day!!!
brooke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 09:31 PM   #12  
Not giving up!!

S/C/G: 323/200/175

Height: 5'8

Hello and Welcome!!

Good Luck on your weight loss!! You can do it!!
~~Sunshine~~ is offline   Reply With Quote