Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-13-2006, 08:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Default Still looking for an e-mail buddy!!

Hey everyone!

I've been posting on various threads and have replied to a few buddy requests here, but I still don't have what I'm really looking for, which is an e-mail support buddy! I'm really hoping to find someone with fairly similar stats or a similar amount of weight to lose, and I'd like to find someone who actually wants to share e-mails back and forth to support each other and keep each other on track. I love posting on this board and reading each other's posts, but what I really need is a buddy for consistent support.

I've lost 17 pounds so far and I have 93 to go to hit my goal weight, and I'm doing it by counting calories (WW points, but not going to meetings) and walking. I've got a timeline in mind, but I don't care when I hit the goal as long as I hit it, and I want to enjoy the journey.

If you're interested in a dedicated e-mail support buddy, please let me know!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 08:43 PM   #2  
Staying on track!!

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/175

Honey, have you checked out the 100 lbs / 1 year group on here? I'm part of that, and I've gotten to "know" alot of the ladies! Just jump right in, and try to check in with us daily & let us know how you're doing! I know it's intimidating to join a group where everyone already knows each other... I felt the same way... but we are really friendly & would love to get to know you! Come check it out!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...=88230&page=15

Just a thought!! If that doesn't work for you, I hope you find someone that will meet your needs! *hugs*
shyla2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 10:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 218/218/168

Height: 5'8"

hey lisa, i have only been a member here since the beginning of the summer and i have found tons of support and people to talk to. there are a lot of threads that are very personal and i am always around to lend support. you can send me a personal messege anytime you want, i love to chat and i am also doing ww without going to the meetings. i was 226 when i finally got serious about weight loss and was able to drop 3 dress sizes in three months with exercise alone (1.5 hours at the gym followed by 1.5 hours in the pool). i am a teacher and was able to devote a lot of time to exercise that summer. i lost only 10 lbs that summer but was able to keep it off. i started ww, with meetings, last feb. and lost another 16 pounds but this summer things have not been so easy. i ended up gaining 10 pounds back. i took control about a month ago and have lost 5 lbs. my goal is 160, a weight that i have not seen since before i got pregnant with my 14 yr. old son.
when did you start dieting? it sounds like you are going about it the right way and doing a great job. let me know if i can help.
trob
trob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 02:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 193/193/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi Lisa,

I have 50 pounds to lose and I am courting calories. I would love to be accountable and e-mail daily. I'm 40 something and it's not as easy as it use to be. Today is a new day. How many points or calories are you eating daily? What kind of exercise goals do you have? Walking is my form of exercise and plan on doing it every evening starting tonight. Let me know:-) Dawn
aerodawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 03:13 PM   #5  
laura

S/C/G: Currently 16 stone (fat)

Height: 5'4 (short)

OK so ur 5 inches taller than me, u live on the other side of the world and u have lost more weight than me. Who cares about the lil things. Email me chick and I'll be ur buddy. I will look forward to the emails, the tears, the laughs and the celebrations. I will support u in tough times and keep you going. I have shed loads to loose, but I sure had fun putting it on. Never say u cant lose weight............. theres no such word, can comes first girl!!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
fat-faery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 05:17 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Thanks for all the responses, everyone! This board really is wonderful -- I've found so much inspiration and encouragement here, and I've only been coming here for a few weeks!

aerodawn, walking is my exercise plan too. I plan on walking now and slowly moving into running as I get more in shape. My ultimate goal is to run a 5K next September. I've only walked a few times recently because of some scary blisters on my toes, but I bought a new pair of walking/running shoes today (ack! expensive, but they really helped me find the right pair) so I plan on starting again tomorrow. I'd like to walk tonight, but it's 90 degrees out there.

I'm counting calories, too -- I'm just doing it by counting WW points because that's what I got used to when I lost 50 pounds a few years ago. It's just easier for me, and it's really the same thing. It works for me because I can eat whatever I want as long as I don't go over a certain calorie (point) level.

fat-faery, I'm sending you a private message!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 10:24 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 193/193/145

Height: 5'4"

Lisa, I joined WW again and I lost & gained the same 4.49 pounds within a three month period so therefore the calorie counting. I wanted to walk tonight however it was the girls 1st day of school and that ended the walk.
Tomorrow night I have a band booseter meeting so hopefully wednesday will be my lucky day. How was you day? aerodawn
aerodawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 10:35 PM   #8  
Kat

Hi I also live in AR, northwest corner. On my third week of my journey to a new me. Down 7lbs. so far.

204/197/144
katquilter_99 is offline   Reply With Quote