Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-10-2006, 08:00 AM   #1  

Default umm where do i belong?

hi all, ive been a lurker on this site for a while now and finaly decided to join.

I am 29 in a few weeks and have just had my 2nd child 3 months ago. After having two babies so close together i balooned out to 133kg. I have managed to lose 3 kilos so far and my first goal is to hit 100 kilos. Then i will look at my next goal weight.

I have diabetes in the family especialy on the female side going back to great grandmother, to grandmother to my mum and no idea if it went back further than that. My mother died this year aged 55, with illnesses that was due to her diabetes. Last week i found out my gluclose level was a bit higher than normal so i am pretty much scared out of my wits that diabetes is hovering above my head.

So even though before i was doing a slow transition to a healthier lifestyle i have taken the plunge more fiercly to eat low gi foods instead. Have only a couple times in that week been bad.

Well thats all about me, is there a particular spot on the forum i can find the most support for me? anyone else in a similar situation that we can support each other?

Thank you for reading
Wildrnes
Wildrnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 08:03 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi there and to 3FC. There is lots of information and support on this site and people are friendly and helpful.
Check out the different forums and jump right in wherever you feel comfy!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 08:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 265/187/175

Height: 6'

Hi! I'm new here too. I'm 31 and had my 2nd child last May. My 2nd c-section. A few months after that a very dear friend of mine had a heart attack and passed away. She was very overwieght and had many health related problems because of it. That made me realize that I didn't want that to happen to me and my family.
So now here I sit 80 lbs lighter and at my original goal wieght (although now I want to loose a little more). But I tell you what, it was really hard with a baby!! My little guy has severe acid reflux, and didn't start sleeping through the night until he was 11 months old. He was up screaming every 45 minutes, which made me extremly sleep deprived!! I learned that when you aren't getting enough sleep, your body wants to eat more to keep "running" on empty. So I had to really fight to keep my calorie level where it was supposed to be. And the last thing I wanted to do was exercise when I was already exhausted!! But I did it!! I learned a lot along the way, so if you want to know more, just let me know!! Well, I'm off to change a poopy diaper!!
decbysteph is offline   Reply With Quote