Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-09-2006, 02:21 PM   #16  
lana

S/C/G: 160/157/130

Height: 5'3"

Sure you can join us - i'm sure everyone welcomes you.. congrats on your weight loss. You are off to a good start.

We can all help each other. How did you lose your weight? We can use any advise, suggestions and tips.

I was just reading an article about "food that isn't as healthy as we think" (it's on Yahoo) and someone replied about their low carb eating and stated they ate only 20 gms of carbs a day. Now, tell me, how in the heck can you only eat 20 gms a day. I just don't understand. what in the world would you eat?

Welcome arathi
lanabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 03:13 PM   #17  
willbslim

S/C/G: 157/147/110

thanks lana.
i've been counting calories and exercising. i tried south beach diet, but i just can't do the low carb diets~ way too restricted for me. i love bread, rice and pasta, so i just try to watch my portions.
arathi.devi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 11:33 AM   #18  
lana

sounds like a good plan to me. I'm eating multibran cereal for breakfast, WW dinner, cantaloupe, tomato, and steamed veggies for lunch, and a fruit for mid day snack, then for dinner, i'm trying to do the same, but last night had sushi instead (my husband and I love sushi), trying to exercise, but I have in the past couple of days developed either a cold or sinus infection (don't know which) but by the end of the day, all of my energy is gone. But it will be gone one of these days.

Don't know if this eating plan is ok or not, I'll just have to try and see; if not, then I'll try something else. I too love pasta, rice and bread. Have eaten any bread since Monday and it's been ok so far; the only pasta has been in a couple of the WW dinners, and, of course, I had some rice last night in the sushi.

Just trying to take it one day at a time. It is all about portion control.

Can't wait until it cools off here in SC, so I can walk @ lunch.

take care and keep up the good work

are any of you other ladies out there?
Old 08-10-2006, 12:57 PM   #19  

Height: 5'1"

Hi All, Today is another beautiful day here in Michigan! Hope the weather continues to be nice. I got my walking done this morning early but I still have to do the weights. I usually do those while I watch TV so I don't even mind those. In fact I kind of enjoy them, AND seeing my arms get a nice little muscle and LESS drooping! Always a problem for us women,

Welcome Devi, Can't have too many buddies! And support! I couldn't do south beach either! It's just too restrictive. And there are fewer people trying to do it. How can you stick to that in the long run?

Lana, Are you getting enough protien? It's hard to stay full without fat and protien. Your diet sounds yummy and healthy but don't limit those two things either! Hope you feel better soon! Don't do like me, eat to feel better! It doesn't help!!! I guess we all know that but I still try to grab food for comfort.

Take care, Freda
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 04:47 PM   #20  
lana

Hi Freda,

I hope I'm getting enough protein. I have just about decided to do my breakfast and lunch thing and prepare meals in the evening. Like tonight, I am grilling halibut for myself and salmon for my husband. I think I will skip the baked potato and just have the asparagus. The cereal in the morning really fills me up and I am having a yogurt in the middle of the afternoon. Someone told me today that my lunch looked like a feast.

The other day I was reading some messages under the Support Forum, Support Groups, then Jaded Ladies. It was a challenge week message. I have attached it here - tell me what you guys think about it. Would everyone like to give it a try, or is it too early for us.

What does it involve? Well let me tell ya.....

Each week you choose something that you really have a hard time doing and you do it for the week. BUT--the difference between this and the 21 day challenge is:....you DON'T have to do this every day of the week! (The week consist of Monday through Sunday----yes weekends too!)

Say for instance.....you really want to cut down on sugar...but you know you can't last for the full 21 days (as in the 21 day challenge) but you know you can at least work it in some of the days in a week. You can choose how many days such as 3 or 4 or 5.....(but no less than 3 please) and then commit yourself to it.

AND....it doesn't have to be all in a row either! You may decide to not eat sugar for 4 days. So on Monday you have no sugar, but on Tuesday you can have some, on Wednesday none, then Thurdsday...(you get the idea) As long as you complete the amount of days you committed yourself to.

So what do you think?

If we decide to do this, we could start Monday?

Or if everyone isn't ready, we can wait for a later date.

Have a good evening everybody.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:31 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 273/248.5/160

Height: 5 Ft. 6 In.

Hey Lana, I like that. I think I'll give it a try. Monday sounds good for me. I have to make lifestyle changes and this is a good way to get started. I need to check out the Jaded Ladies thread. I've been hovering over 300+ and 100lb clubs.
Freda and Susan you guys sounds like you have a good handle on food programs. I'm on the Norma combo diet. I count calories, picking out alot of "Super foods", switching good fats for the poor ones I was eating, drinking more water, exerciseing (which I never used to do) and reducing my carbs (half portions of what I used to eat). I took the best of about 5 different diets and made it work for me. I hit a 7 lb loss today and this is my 1 week anniversary date. I guess it's working.
Arathi, welcome aboard. I love it here and I'm sure you will too.
So ladies are we up to Lana's challenge? Why don't we share what we are going to cut back on. We might me able to help each other. Just a though
Norma
harkeyvalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 07:29 AM   #22  

Height: 5'1"

Good morning ladies,

sounds like your eating plan is great. And i'm up for a challenge! Just wondering what I will give up/change! I have untill Monday to think about it.

Hi Norma, I'm glad I have something to call you besides Harkeyvalley! Ha I kind of made up my own diet too, sounds a lot like yours. It's just basically eating healthy. I love the "super" foods anyway! Blueberries, greens, beans....not too hard to make those choices, just have to watch the portions. My problem is snacking at night and I'm working on that. I just plan my night snacks, save calories for them. And try to make them as healthy as I can. No more setting down with a bag of something

Everyone have a good day, Freda
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 12:04 PM   #23  
lana

my challenge to myself this week will be to do to the gym 4 days.

Hope everyone is doing well - how did the weekend go?
Old 08-14-2006, 12:09 PM   #24  
lana

my challenge to myself will be to go to the gym 4 days this week (hope I don't kill over, this cold (and maybe bronchitis) is still with me)

Hope everyone had a good weekend - I did good Saturday, but yesterday we went to brunch with some friends - did not eat bread, but did eat desserts and other things I should not have; but oh well, today is another day.

Hope to hear from you guys - keep plugging away.

Lana
Old 08-14-2006, 12:38 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 273/248.5/160

Height: 5 Ft. 6 In.

Hello Lana, Freda, Susan & Arathi: Did I get everybody? I hope so. I also hope you all had a great weekend. I did great except on exercising. I was going to give up bread this week, but I was up until 4:00am reading posts that I had to have some milk and bread before I went to bed. So I'm going to join Lana and promise to exercise everyday. What are the rest of you doing?
How long can buddy ups stay in this thread before they move us to another forum? Does any one know? Where do we go from here?
Norma
harkeyvalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 10:50 AM   #26  
lana

Hurray!! 3 more down

How is everyone this a.m. - did we lose some ladies?