Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-05-2006, 10:44 AM   #1  
laura

S/C/G: Currently 16 stone (fat)

Height: 5'4 (short)

Exclamation Help

Hiya, Im new and need to loose approx 4/5 stone. I weigh about 16stone and I'm 5'4 (short) I'm not going to be following any 'known diets' as I have failed miserably in the past, so I'm merely gonna do my own thing and stick to about 1300-1500 calories a day. My main downfall is fat coke and I can easily guzzle 6 litres a day. I will be grateful for any willpower sent my way. All PMs gratefully recieved:-
Grins
laura xx

Last edited by fat-faery; 08-05-2006 at 11:21 AM.
fat-faery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 11:34 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Laura, welcome to 3FC!
Keep posting around the forum until you find an area(s) you're comfortable in.
I think that counting calories is great... it's plain and simple, and it works! Good luck to you!

Most people are still catching up on their sleep, so hang in there... you'll get replies soon.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 03:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: Size 24/Size 20/Size 8

Height: 5'7"

Hi, Laura!

You know, I kind of envy the weighing system you Brits have. Sixteen stone just sounds so much lighter than 224 pounds, LOL! (Provided, of course, I calculated it correctly.)

There are lots of nice, supportive people here who are always ready to give you a lift when you're feeling discouraged. Welcome!
fiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 06:01 AM   #4  
laura

Hiya you two,
Thanx for replying, when I logged on this mornin I exepected nothing. I was ill in bed for 2 days after posting and then I've come on, so at the moment while Im ferocious I wont be depriving myself. Ellis I have to say you have made me want to loose more, but until I get to 168 I wont be setting anymore goals, **** I cant even loose a bloody 1lb let alone 56lbs lol.xxx
Old 08-09-2006, 09:10 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7''

Hi Laura,
welcome to the website - its great that you have made a decision to change your life - It's gonna be tough but as they say that nothing worth having comes easy!

Just to let you know it is doable, I started at 17st 6 and am below 15st now....if I can do it, so can you!

You have made a great decision, now you need to make some more...make a plan on food and exercise, where and when you will do it and it'll make the process a whole lot easier.

Take care and let us know how you are getting on!
Finn.
finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 06:55 AM   #6  
laura

hiya Finn,
Thanx for your support i love signing in and seeing if anyones replied to my posting. Ive been ill for the past few months with viruses and Glandular Fever. I went from 15st to 16'+, my Dr didnt help by telling my hubby to feed me up, give me high sugar energy drinks and that this was the only time he would allow me to gain weight as my body needed the energy. My hubbys on holiday at the mo so its impossible to watch anything I eat, so hes back to work monday and that'll be me. I dont want to be stick thin, so Im reckoning a size14-16 will suit me fine and its better than a 22 eh!!!
Laura xx
Old 08-10-2006, 09:07 AM   #7  

Hi Laura,
Wow glandular fever is awful! poor you! I hope that you are starting to feel better now, does your doc know what is causing so much ill health?

I do have you mention one point you said above...that your husband is at home so you can't watch what you are eating. Have you thought about what you will do in the evenings/weekends/holidays when he is around again? Sorry if it sounds like a lecture but I think it always helps me when I plan ahead.

Finn.

Oh and just as a side...I've had glandular fever and used to get awful tonsilitis every 6/8 weeks until I went vegetarian. Since then (about 1.5 yrs ago) I haven't even had a sore throat. May not be related but it helped me!
Old 08-10-2006, 09:33 AM   #8  
laura

Hello u,
My tonsills came out 18years ago lol. It started off as a Streptoccocal infection that hung with me for 4 weeks, my immune system went down with all the anti-bs, then a routine blood test showed baddy glandy. Since then I am having trouble eating certain things and keeping them in. The Doc is testing me for some form of coiltus, apparently my anti-bs were very strong and it appears they have srtipped the lining of my tummy. Now I cant keep in:-
Pork of any kind , chocolate, fruit or salad, any form of tomato, friut juices. baked beans or sweetcorn, everyday I find more and more food stuffs.
My mum thinks I may have IBS
Laura xxx
Old 08-10-2006, 09:36 AM   #9  
laura

as for hubby after the holiday he has vowed to help me, awwwwwwwww bless. now if I loose 4lbs he promises not to buy me chocolate to congratulate me lol. He has gained weight with me in our 17 years together so I dont feel so bad
Old 08-10-2006, 09:45 AM   #10  
laura

By the way hunnie, this lil chap i have dwindlin among the flowers, do i have to make it up everytime i sign in?
Old 08-10-2006, 10:47 AM   #11  

Hiya, no it will automatically appear at the end of each post...you just needed to create it once. You will off course need to update the figures are you lose weight...but thats easily done.

You really have been through the mill haven't you with health! A 4 week streptoccocal infection puts shivers up my spine...ugh!
Old 08-10-2006, 11:34 AM   #12  
laura

Ella,
Have to say they were the worst 4 weeks ive had. The headaches were excruciating and i had tablets to stop my brain from swelling. I couldnt even get outta bed to sit on the sofa. Its like a constant temperature that wont bugger off and the pain is worse than labour and mine was 27hrs long lol. That was March this year and my Dr still wont sign me back to work (good boy) although i am soooooooooooo bored. i have good and bad days, mainly the latter when im told i look like caspers (the lil white ghost) sister lol.
Take care you and look forward to hearing a bit about you eh?
Luv me xxxx