Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-24-2006, 08:56 PM   #1  

Default Another newbie in the house!!

Hi all... lets see......my name is Theresa and I am mom to three kids; Danielle (15), Patrick (13) & Zac (8). I have been married to my love, Tim, for almost 19 years. I work as a school bus driver (now you know why I lost my marbles!! ) and I have 108 lbs to loose. I have tried WW 4 times it just doesn't work for me. Not a bad program but I don't care for our speaker very much and I only have one to choose from in my town. I have been walking 2 - 3 miles a day. I have a walking buddy that keeps me going she is however, 85 lbs heavier than I am so when we are walking although we can get the miles in it is not at a cardio work out pace for me so I try to add something else into my day. I have been having a hard time the last couple of days with the heat being so bad, 90 F by 9:00 am, and my walking buddy is on vacation. I have been a semi veg. for some time now ( no eggs, milk, or red meat) I am trying to be a little stricter about my carbs, which I have been living on, and make my plate higher in green and yellow veges and cut out the fat, except for avocados. I am also trying to eat breakfast every morning. I am really bad about not eating until I am starved and then binging. Anyway, that's just about where I am at right now I hope to get to know all of you better on this journey.

[Automated by GetSmile] Theresa

Last edited by GoingGoal; 07-25-2006 at 01:06 AM.
GoingGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 10:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 267/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Welcome Theresa!!! I hope you find this site very supportive, and motivating!! Gosh, sounds like you are doing things right though... I hope you have great success making the lifestyle changes needed to lose the weight you want!!! Feel free to post in the support groups, we have a thread going about 3 mile walking ( or running or whatever...) I love reading about everyone's successes!!! Good luck!!!!
luckyducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 02:22 AM   #3  
chela

S/C/G: 217/209/130

Height: 5'0"

hey theresa, I hope you hang in there, its going to get better just think of whats motivating you.You sound just like me that I use to skip breakfast and I also went to weight watcher. It didn't work for me what ended up working for me was counting calories. just hang in there and just think of a strong motivation like your children. there shouldn't be anything stronger then that. If you fall from the wagon get back on it. good luck and welcome.
chela is offline   Reply With Quote