Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-13-2006, 09:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 290/290/175

Height: 5'10"

Default problems loosing weight mid mth :o

Ok, Maybe this is a very stuped question, but it has been bugging me the last couple of mths since I have been really trying to lose weight. THere are really only two weeks out of every mth I'm able to lose weight. Oviously the week right around my period - not so good - all the water weight - but for some reason I also seem to have this problem at mid mth - possabley when I'm ovulation - Yes I know this is very personal - But its very frustrating to me - I've beens so good watching my caleries and making sure I get excercise and then all the sudden I go up in weight - I know next week should be better and I'll have a easier time going down ( I've been having a larger drop the next week). But just wondered if anyone else had a similar problem or if anyone could give me the mr science answer to why?
EviesMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 03:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 266/225/130

Height: 5'1"

I have noticed the same thing. When I am eating right and losing weight, I usually see the scale do down only twice per month. It's very frustrating, but I guess that is normal as our bodies adjust to the changes of losing weight.
MelodyAM75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 03:57 PM   #3  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

I have the same problem, I'll stay the same for a few weeks and then lose 4 or 5 pounds at once. Its soooo frustrating sometimes but it does add up over the long haul.
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 10:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 207/207/160

Ovulation time does it to me too, as well as PMS.....I guess we can't win. It just makes you look forward to the two times that it goes down. Knowing that it's normal helps too.
MissieA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 11:09 PM   #5  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

Maybe it's not a peroid.ovulation thing. I only have a period maybe 4 times a year (very irregular- always have been)and I can only get weight off every second week too.
The menus are the same, the workouts are the same etc. Every odd week I stay the same or gain 1 lb, every other week I am down 3 or 4 lbs!
I think my body just holds unto the fat cells until the last possible moment- whereas some people's bodies give them up easier who knows, but as long as I average good, it doesnt really matter I suppose

Just hard on the off weeks when I know I've kicked butt and to see the scale stay the same.
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 08:58 AM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Hey!

Try posting this topic in the Support forum--you may get more responses there.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote