Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-09-2006, 09:09 PM   #1  
editing myself

S/C/G: 200/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Exclamation new and want a buddy!

Hi everyone!
I'm angie and this is my first post. I visited this website once before a couple weeks ago but didn't pay any attention. Then at the library I saw a book on the shelf that sparked my attention, The 3 fat chicks on a diet book. So i checked it out and i started reading it today and decided to join. This is hopefully what i'm looking for, support . I only live with my mom and she's about as supportive of my goals as would be an all out meat lover's daughter turning vegan. So that doesn't help much. And she needs to go on a diet way more than I do, she's at about 260lbs and is diebetic yet she brings home things like cake and candy knowing i don't want it around me, or her! I really just want someone that feels the same way I do about health and dieting goals. I've tried being more open to my friends about how i feel about this sort of thing in hopes that we could support eachother, but its just not possible. My close friends that want to diet are those who are skinny and just claimimg to want to lose weight when they don't even need to. And I eat pretty healthy, others and all my friends my age just don't have a tatse for the same kinds of foods i eat. They complain their fat yet they eat fast foods, candy and drown themselves with soda. I want to lose weight, I already eat healthy, I love water, i don't even like soda, and i like to exercise. Is there anyone that gets me?!??

****bottom line, i need support
angilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 09:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/174.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Hi Angie! Good to have you here. I'm new as well and I know it's tough to try and do this alone. I'm currently on WW and have lost 27 lbs so far. My mom is also on WW, however she doesn't quite put forth the same efforts that I do. She always has an excuse why she isn't more diligent with her weightloss. I know she needs this as much as I do, but you can't force people to change unless they want to. So, I've decided that I will stick with the plan and I will lose the weight because my little boy and my husband need me to be around for a long time. I'd love to swap email addy's with you and we can help each other. Look forward to hearing from you!
WyattsMama is offline   Reply With Quote