Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-05-2006, 11:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/165/140-145

Default Newbie

I am new to this site. All the support and encouragement I have seen while reading different threads has been inspiring . I am currently 161 lbs of which is double postpardom weight. 10 from my first pregnancy and 10 from my last. I would like to get down to 130-135 which isn't unrealistic being that I am only 5'4. I have done it all. The fad diets, the diet pills, the practically starving myself, and I have even found myself hunched over a toilet in tears because I actually almost threw up my food on purpose . I guess that was my reality check that I have a problem with food and controlling my intake of it. It really doesn't surprise me that I have that problem, my dad and my brother are both over 300 lbs and considered morbidly obese. My mom is only about 20-30 lbs overweight. I find myself eating all the wrong foods and then hating myself for not being able to controll what I put in my mouth. In highschool I was a solid 140 lbs and pure muscle. I played a sport every single day and had a killer body. I was a size 5 and could eat whatever I wanted but even then I had a terrible body image. I remember seeing my mom stand in the mirror and obsess about being fat. I look back now and I would kill to have that body back. I am 25 years old and work behind a desk all day. So there you have it, same eating habits new sedintary lifestyle. What do you get? Lbs. that won't come off. Anyway, that is me. I guess I need support and buddy or something. Someone to help me get through this and learn how to reprogram my eating habits and my lifestyle. My husband's answer is well then quit whining and lose weight cause I am sick of hearing about it ( It is that easy for him...the same guy who dropped 20 lbs in 2 months without batting and eye). My mom says quit obsessing, you have no one to impress you have husband...there are more important things in life ( I want to say yeah, that's why my brother is going to die of a massive heart attack at 22). Anyways, I just need an outlet, someone to talk to and who knows and can encourage. Thanks!
coleenfh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:58 PM   #2  
Going Hard in the Paint!

S/C/G: 238/238/160

Height: 5'7"

Welcome to the boards! 3FC is a great place to let out your weight frustrations and find the support that you need. To "just stop obsessing" is easier said than done. You have to take control of your weight, health, life and self. It's a decision that you have to make and be COMPLETELY dedicated to. We all get to a point where we just can't take it anymore and MUST make a change in our lives. If you are ready, CONGRATULATIONS!!

Make yourself familiar with the boards. There are hundreds of threads that offer a wealth of information. Look around, join in on the fun and you'll be losing weight in no time!
REDEFINITION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 08:21 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi Colleen... welcome! Just jump right in anywhere and get acquainted!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote