Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-30-2006, 12:47 AM   #1  
FishGirl

Smile New Chick

Hello! I am 26 and over the last 4 years I have put 40 pounds onto my already curvy frame. I am done with feeling sorry for myself and ready to do something about it. I have no misconceptions about the time and effort that will go into this endeavor. I want to feel healthy and strong, to be friends with my body again. I am tired of obsessing about my number on the scale and don't want to use food as an emotional crutch.
So I bought the Body for Life book (for women) because I like the programs emphasis on building strong muscles and, well, the idea of creating a "body for life". And I am thrilled to find this website and the support and advise of other women in the same boat as I am.
My biggest problem right now is inactivity, I am at constant battle with myself to MOVE. Walk the dog, swim, do a crunchie, I know I need to do it. So wish me luck!
SF Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 12:59 AM   #2  
Not Snoozing... Losing!

S/C/G: 295/288/285 MINI GOALS!

Height: 5'7"

I am new too! Good luck to both of us... I totally agree about needing to be friends with my body again, I have hated myself for too long for no good reason. Now just have to figure out how to change that
cc9455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 01:11 AM   #3  
:) My Trouble Makers :)

I'm new too I'm 24 with 2 kids and about 30 pounds i need to lose. (not the kids) lol
allymaehey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 08:25 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hello... Welcome to all 3 of you! Hope to see you around a lot more on the boards.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 10:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 305

Default Nother Newbie

Hello everyone! This is all new to me as well. Currently weighing in at 305 and looking for a little extra support to head in the right direction. Weight issues are not new with me. I have always struggled and am going to turn 30 this year and don't want to be fat anymore. I am ready to start this journey as I step into this new phase of my life! Any tips or pointers on getting started would be appreciated.
mkstfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 02:13 AM   #6  

Hi mkstfam... welcome! Glad you are started on your weight loss journey!

Also, want to invite you to our "300+ and Ready to Try Again" group... they are such a great group of encouragers. Our current thread is at

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...20#post1325420

Check it out!!
Old 07-07-2006, 07:11 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 305

Default Thanks!

Thanks Misti! I have checked this group out and think we will be seeing each other around.
mkstfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 08:24 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkstfam
Thanks Misti! I have checked this group out and think we will be seeing each other around.
Yay! That's great! I read their threads for a long time before I finally jumped in, since I was not over 300 pounds. But they were sooooooooooooooooooooooo nice that I jumped in anyway and received a wonderful welcome!!! Also a great bunch of exercisers!!!! (You might want to check out the July exercise challenge also... not too late to join in!)