Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-29-2006, 10:16 PM   #1  
2Hot2BFat

S/C/G: 368/344/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Smile Hi! I'm finally ready!

Hello fellow phat chicks!
My name is Megan I turned 33 in May and I'm done with being fat. I was very active when I was younger and when I turned 13 or so something just happened and I just went over the deep end as far as overeating is concerned. All my life I have let food and being fat rule my life. When I was in highschool I didn't go to concerts because I felt uncomfortable being around all those hot Guns N Roses groupies....etc etc.
I haven't done anything fun in my life for many, many years. I don't go to the movies because sometimes I don't fit into the seats, I don't go out to bars, out dancing, theme parks, I can't bike ride, rollerblade, go hiking, play volleyball or tennis.....all things I used to love to do. If someone told me when I was 15 that at 33 I would weigh 310 pounds, I would have laughed in their face...but here I am, 33 years old and 310 pounds.
I have been in a long, extremely long, relationship (14 years) with a man, I met him over relay chat in 1992. We have not gotten married because of the weight, therefore there are no kids, not that we have sex...haven't in years, it's impossible (sorry if that is too much info). I realized that we don't do anything fun. Fun for us is eating all night in front of the boob tube.
Now that I've turned 33 I realized that time is running out, I won't be young forever and life is short......AND there is sooooo much I want to do!!!!!!!!
So I'm done wasting my life, there is no food that tastes as good as looking sexy feels. Sorry this post is so long and thanks for reading.
I hope to meet a lot of great friends here. You are all beeuteeful!!!!!

-Megan
Megan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 10:22 PM   #2  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Megan - Welcome to 3FC! There is tons of great support to be found here. I know what you mean about being too fat to do many things. When you weigh over 300 even simple errands can become a tiring chore and you just don't have the energy for the fun stuff. Starting to exercise has done wonders for me even at a (still) higher weight. I was never active when I was young like you were, so I didn't even know I could enjoy being active until I really gave it a chance.
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 10:32 PM   #3  
Let me out!!!

S/C/G: 280/273/155

Megan...I can so relate to you...especially from back in the days of high school and avoiding certain activities now! (I'd love to go to some amusement parks this summer but I'd be mortified if I didn't fit in a seat! Maybe next year...) Hang in there and if you can, get your SO involved. If he won't, don't get discouraged. You can do it!!! Start out by walking around your neighborhood. Get your endurance up and recovery time down. After 2 or 3 weeks, you won't be so out of breath and will be able to walk longer and even a bit faster. Again, you can do it!!!
Rumplesnat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 11:31 PM   #4  
I'm on the wagon

S/C/G: 314/275.5/125

Height: short stuff

Hi Megan,

I have a lot in common with you, and I am close to your age. I am 36/married/no kids and (choke) I weigh 311. I can't believe it either. I don't know how it got to be this bad. I don't feel like i LOOK over 300. Ouch.

Anyway I'm just starting back on this wagon and I am here if you want to talk. You sound like you need a friend right now, and I am a good listener.

It has only been 2 weeks since I've been dieting and just got the scale a couple of days ago.

You can do it! We all can do it! and wouldn't it be great to be able to do all of those things on your list. Wow huh? (I can so relate to that list) Life does not have to be this way for either of us anymore.

Bye for now!
Angie

(ps - I tried to send you a private msg but yours is turned off - don't know if you knew that. I didn't know it had to be turned ON to get any, I discovered that the other day)
Abbeycat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 03:04 AM   #5  

Hey Magen... I sooo know what u mean about not doing activities cuz of the weight. i am 22 and my highest weight was 248lbs. climbing a flight of stairs winded me like u wouldn't believe. but guess what? i now climb 7 flights of stairs at work! and guess what i still weigh 237lbs. My point is.. it doesn't take long for exercise to get easier. I know right now you feel like you're at the bottom of a mountain looking up.. but i PROMISE it does get easier if you just DO IT.. PLUS... it takes time. You have to just make up your mind that its gonna be a part of your routine. THink of it this way: you are 33 that is YOUNG!!! dont' waste one more single SECOND of your life on the sidelines. take CONTROL of your life back. (im saying this to you AND to me. lol) Its my way of motivating myself. The biggest thing is to be patient, and to just decide that its not about the "weight" its about your health and pushing your own limits to see what you can accomplish.
YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

www.in-all-honesty.blogspot.com
Bonnie-licious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 06:17 AM   #6  
Not Snoozing... Losing!

S/C/G: 295/288/285 MINI GOALS!

Height: 5'7"

Oh my gosh Megan, I felt like I was reading my own story when I read your post.

I am 31, and 295. Married for 7 years and no kids. Have not had sex in years because I am too self conscious. I don't feel that big when I look in the mirror but thats probaby because I only glance at my face long enough to make sure my hair is not sticking up everywhere.

There are so many things I don't do.

Maybe we all should start a 30s/300 club for support. I know I will need it... I feel so overwhelmed!

Last edited by cc9455; 07-01-2006 at 11:34 AM.
cc9455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 12:04 PM   #7  
2Hot2BFat

S/C/G: 368/344/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Default Thanks for the support!

Hello eveyone!
Thanks for all your suggestions and support! I feel really good today, I've been doing well for about a week now. This weekend I'm going to start using the treadmill, (need to put it together first). I haven't weighed myself yet..I know I've lost some weight but I'm a little hesitant to step on the scale **afraid**

I'm going to post some pix of myself this weekend so you ladies can see me. I like to see whom I'm "speaking" with too. Oh, I wanted to mention that I'm in Massachusetts, USA
I was lurking for a few days before I signed up here....I can't believe how many fat beauties there are here!!

Have a great friday!!!!

-Megan
Megan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 09:21 PM   #8  

Hey Megan!
I'd like to chime in too. Like these other ladies, I'm in the same boat and I'm just getting started, too. I've decided to change how and what I eat, walk (I'd say walk more, but heck, even making a second trip to the mailbox would fill that!), take the stairs and drink water instead of soda.
Hang in there! You just have to make yourself do it and before long it will all be habit and the weight will come off.
newsnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 11:13 PM   #9  
I'm on the wagon

Hi everyone!

Hey Megan you know you sound like you're feeling much better today, that's good!! I have a treadmill and an eliptical at home too, and a TV set up in front of them. I got my treadmill because I just feel so self conscious about walking outside. I know it's my own mind, cause really who watches people walking around getting exercise, right? haha

You will do it, one day at a time.

I did pretty crappy today actually, I think I've been eating too few calories this week and it's starting to affect me. I have only eaten 900 cal today and that's definitely NOT enough. I am going to up my calories to 1200-1500 next week and see if that helps out.
Old 07-01-2006, 12:22 PM   #10  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Welcome Megan, I know what you mean by not being able to do anything because of the weight. I was creeping up on 250 and never wanted to leave the house. I didn't want to go anywhere because of my size and I was so out of breath. I basically was hiding inside, eating lots of junk and letting life pass me by. Due to health problems I thought I'd never see my 14 yr. old daughter grow up and even graduate high school. Sex was a chore and done only in the dark with a nightgown still on. I didn't even want DH to see my body. The biggest change for me with losing weight is now I want to get out of the house. I'm always up to go places. I can shop without looking for the benches to sit on. I had considered using the motorized shopping carts because I couldn't even walk far enough to get my groceries. I started slow on exercise and 10 minutes of walking was a huge deal for me. But, with continued effort, I can now walk an hr. on the treadmill. It can certainly be done and life can change for you too. I am wishing you the best. The people here at 3FC's are wonderful and have been a huge help in my life.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 06:11 AM   #11  
I'm on the wagon

Reply to Mel

Well now I've gone and given myself a cold. I just went full tilt last week and cut my calories too low, exercised every day. I guess my body said "what is that!" and rebelled.

So let that be a lesson to everyone at my expense haha!

I ate 1500 cal today so I feel much better, and took this weekend to recoup, I will exercise again on Monday. I need Sat and Sun to try to sleep off this cold.

I actually felt like I ate quite a bit today, and there wasn't hunger constantly like with 1200 cal. I was hungry constantly last week.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:53 AM   #12  
.::On a Mission::.

S/C/G: 257/*Ticker*/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan33
Now that I've turned 33 I realized that time is running out, I won't be young forever and life is short......AND there is sooooo much I want to do!!!!!!!!
So I'm done wasting my life, there is no food that tastes as good as looking sexy feels....

-Megan
Megan ... I had a similar revelation before I committed to this yet again ... I don't want time to run out ... (I know we have a chance everytime we inhale) ... But I'd be so full of regret if I couldn't live my youth out with fullness, self-love, and confidence... I wish you the best of luck ... The things you want to do can be in your reach ... just grab!!!
MadamePJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 10:08 AM   #13  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi Megan, and welcome! GREAT attitude... You GO, girl!

I know what you mean... except I am older (59) and believe me, it gets worse and much harder to do things. I could not believe it when a doctor weighed me and I was at an all time high of 298 pounds... yikes! Well I barely missed the "300 plus" group here but they let me in anyway.

I used to be very active and energetic... but found that there was sooooo much I could no longer do and began to realize that if I didn't get in gear and lose the weight I was going to end up disabled just because I was FAT.

Even with my 48 pound loss and heavy exercise habit now, I am amazed at how much I can do! Don't worry if you can't do a LOT; just do what you CAN. Get out and walk just a little ways, even if you have to rest a lot. LOL when I started I had to lean on all the poles, sit on the rocks, etc. Now I zoom right by them and sometimes reach out and give them a "victory tap." Now I go out and walk for hours or do water aerobics for 90 minutes or so! I eat mostly fresh fruits and veggies... not much processed foods... but with also protein from good quality meats and even peanut butter, yogurt, etc.

You CAN do it. You have the advantage that you are still young. Stick around here for support and encouragement and feel free to share with us both your "up" moments -- NSVs (non scale victories) and you down times as well!! We are all here for you.

One neat thing about this forum is that so many people genuinely rejoice with you in your victories and are sincere in their desire to cheer you on!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 08:53 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

welcome
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 10:18 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 332/302/125

Height: 5'6

Default you're beautiful too!

Hey! I hear what you're saying. I hardly do anything anymore. I went to the movies a few weeks ago and i could barely fit in the seat. I felt like crying. I was like I can't take this anymore, i'm 27 i should be able to do things I love. I hate being uncomfortable all the time.

This is a really great place for support! I wish you luck and if you need a buddy IM or message me anytime.
angiepants78 is offline   Reply With Quote