Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-01-2006, 10:18 AM   #16  

Hi Munchkins Grandma, I would like to partner up with you. Pizza is totally my downfall. I do not really have a support person in my house. My husband always says he will help me, then he is the one who says "should we get a pizza?"
And you do totally need at least one day a week (maybe not the entire day) but you do need some wiggle room in your diet, because if you don't have "treats" once in a while, when you do slip, it is worse. That is the way I am anyway. What kind of plan are you on? I count calories. Do you know how to send Private Messages or anything? it might be easier to bug each other that way. I don't want to post my e-mail so if you know how to get in touch let me know. Talk to you soon.
Cindy Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 03:23 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 190/171/140

Height: 5'3"

Abbeycat, you are so right!! It is my "compulsivity" that came out yesterday. I know one day isn't going to make a difference, but I guess I'm concerned I'll say well one day didn't hurt so what difference will a 2nd day make. That kind of thinking is what got me where I am today. But I do think my mental status toward "dieting" is different than the one other time I "dieted". I'm more into believing that this is going to be a way of life now back to how I used to eat as a kid when we didn't have all "processed foods", "fast foods" etc that we do now. We had them, but they were a treat and not an everyday occurance. So... today is going to be a new and better day.

Cindy Ann, I did figure out how PM and tried to send you a "test message" but it said you haven't set up your profile to accept PMs. You have to go into your user profile and then into the control panel and edit options to elable PM. Let me know via this forum, when you've been able to do that and I'll try to send you one again or you can send me one that way.

Look forward to talking with you.
munchkin's Grandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 08:23 PM   #18  

Hi Munchkins Grandma, I have changed that in my profile. Let me know if it does not work. Talk to you soon
Old 07-02-2006, 03:04 PM   #19  
I'm on the wagon

S/C/G: 314/275.5/125

Height: short stuff

Re the person who posted about the pizza

Maybe this will be a good suggestion for you, try it and see if you like it.

My husband and I had been getting take out pizza OFTEN, like every Friday night, and we'd always buy 2 of them. One to eat right then, and the other one to eat the next day! My hubby would have half of the second one gone by the next morning. He's a 'night eater' and eats all night long (barely gains a pound and has no trouble getting rid of it.. grr).

Anyway, one day a few months back, we went to this pita shop that we discovered makes pita pizza and fell in love with it.
Now we ONLY eat pita pizza and started making it at home, but not every Friday of course. At the pita shop they have a chart to show how many calories each item is and it is WAY less than regular pizza.

When we make it at home we use:
Pita (the pita pocket type) small size
for sauce we use tomato paste (pizza sauce I think has some oils in it and really has terrible bland taste)
Veggies (green pepper, red pepper, onions, mushrooms, etc)
Pineapple if you like that
and just enough cheese to keep it all on without falling off (and you could prob do without, give it a try)

I also found a recipe online to make your own pita dough but i haven't tried that one yet.

I cook them in the oven at 500 for about 10 min or so and they turn out crunchy and super tasty. And without all of the fat and extra bread.

It's not your meaty cheesy badness you're used to, but it tastes REALLY good.

(I guess this should prob go in the recipe section but..)

~ Angie
Abbeycat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 03:15 PM   #20  
I'm on the wagon

S/C/G: 314/275.5/125

Height: short stuff

Oh another thing.. yes I agree..
when I did the 'one day a week eat what you want plan' a couple of years ago, YES I did lose weight steadily (60 pounds total).. it does still work, because you are so strict the rest of the week, but one thing I did find about it, I think I went overboard and even ate MORE on that day than I would if I was just eating what I wanted ( like, when I'm not dieting). I seemed to try to eat every darn thing I could think of to fit it all into that one day. SO, I agree that's not something that works well.

This time around I am charting my calories, I never did before. It makes me more aware of how much is actually going in. I am going to allow myself one treat MEAL this time around, rather than a whole day. So, if I want a burger, I'll have a burger, but not the whole day. AND I'm going to still fit it into my calories for the day. I ate 1200 cal all last week and it was too low for me, I was always hungry, so I am upping to 1200-1500 this week.

I got this idea actually through reading another post somewhere on this board. Someone else said they do that.. if they want a treat they just work around it for the day's calories, eat less in other areas for the day. But you really do have to be careful how often this is done, it can't be more than one time a week, or you just slowly slide into trouble.
Abbeycat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 06:44 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 190/171/140

Thanks Alleycat for the pizza recipe. That is a great idea. I read something about making your own on a forum or in a recipe forum but haven't tried it yet. Had been thinking about doing it so when they brought that pizza into work, it was too much to resist. Had I made them at home previously I probably could have resisted, because it wouldn't have been "so long". I agree that perhaps the "meal a week" might work, but after the fireworks party I went to yesterday I can tell the "day splurge" won't work for me. Am so glad the partys are over. I have one more on Sunday (DN graduation party) but I know there won't be the deserts at that party that there were last night which are my downfall. But today is another day, so I'm starting new!!
munchkin's Grandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 07:24 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 184/183/140

Lightbulb New girl here, and can't wait to lose

Morning ladies!

I've been here before, but got pregnant shortly after I joined and fell off the wagon. Well, after a CRAZY year I'm back and SO ready to lose.

I've been reading your posts, and finally have the guts to make a commitment and join.

I'm 5' 3" and 183 lbs. I started to lose a couple months ago at 192....I gained 20 lbs in my pregnancy and 10 after the baby was born!!! She is 7 months old now and I'm ready to lose this weight. I'd like to be 140.

I've done South Beach, which worked for a little while, Weight Watchers, which I was STARVING on and right now I'm eating by numbers (counting those calories) What is the fastest thing to do? I need a little instant gratification to help motivate me.

Thanks!

Brooke
brooke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 12:19 PM   #23  

Hi and Congratulations on the baby! My youngest is 13 months I also have a 4 1/2 year old and I am trying to lose the weight from him still! I am more than ready to start shedding the pounds! I count calories as well. Today is officially my first day back on the wagon. I hope that we are able to motivate each other.