Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-26-2006, 08:09 AM   #1  
Life's Short, Paint Naked

S/C/G: 226/tkr/150

Height: 5'4

Default Brand Spankin' New

Hi fat chicks! I'm Candice and I'm just jumping right on in. I'm taking a new approach to dieting this time around and not putting so many rules and restrictions in the plan. I always just end up rebelling and failing. I eat pretty well, but I am not very active. I've just made some substitutions for my regular staples, ingredients, and snacks. Instead of regular sour cream I'll do low fat, instead of Doritos I'm doing baked Lays or a 100 Calorie Pack or something. Just small baby steps, but so far, they're making a difference. The only real rules I have set up for myself are no eating 2 hours before bed and only 1 drink a day that isn't water or skim milk. I was going through the grocery store yesterday without children (a luxury in itself!) so I had time to read and compare labels before putting something in my cart. It is amazing what reading a label will do to get rid of a craving really quickly. So now my house is filled with yummy, healthy stuff, and also a lot of yummy not-as-bad-as-what-I-was-eating-before stuff. On the food front, I can't fail in my house!
The other really big thing I started doing was running. I run every single day. I bought an iPod and filled it with a whole section of my favorite songs to run to. (I say run, but really, I pant-walk-jog-walk for 30 minutes and then I cool down. "Running" just sounds so cool and elite.)
So those are my changes and my body is changing too. I have lost some weight, but I know I am gaining some muscle too, I can feel the difference in my core muscles and my legs just from my daily run. (yes, you can laugh at my use of the word "run" again.) My starting weight was 178, my current weight is 171, and my goal, ultimately is 142, but I'd really be OK if I could just get to 150. I look and feel smashing at 150. I'm celebrating every time I reach a number ending in 0.
Anyway, sorry for rambling, i thought I should just get all my pertinent info out there right off the bat. Off to check out the other threads!

Candice
NakedHousewife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:15 AM   #2  

welcome! I'm brand new too!
samara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:20 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8.5"

HI Candice and Samara! Glad you are here! Welcome!

Candice, sounds as if you are off to a great start!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 04:09 PM   #4  
Life's Short, Paint Naked

S/C/G: 226/tkr/150

Height: 5'4

Thanks for the welcome!
NakedHousewife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 04:55 PM   #5  

hey candice! thats a really really good idea to only allow one drink a day thats not water. I'll start doing that. Also... way to go with the "running"!! i know im the exact same way.. running for me is a complete gong show. Don't know why but i can swim for 30 minutes straight but i literally can't fun for more than 30 seconds! But I will be working up to it.. I like to run in the late evening because its SOOO BLOODY HOT OUT LATELY.
Anyway, Goodluck!!
Bonnie-licious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 11:24 PM   #6  
I'm on the wagon

S/C/G: 314/275.5/125

Height: short stuff

Well you have me beat .. 30 seconds is more than my 10. My goal is to be able to run. I just SO can't right now, my legs just will not do it.

~ Angie
Abbeycat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 11:42 PM   #7  

Height: 5'8.5"

I can't run either... though lately I have been able to jog a bit, but it is super slow LOL.

Angie, same here.. I can go forever in the water! Great way to get that exercise in and build strength.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 08:08 AM   #8  

Height: 5'1"

Hi Candice, Great changes in the diet and exercise! And you should see results right away. I haven't dieted this time around either. I just changed the way I ate. I'm eating heathier and exercising more. Have you thought about lifting weights for upper body strength? Us women are notorious for lack of upper body strength but it means so much. All the muscle you can build also burns moe calories. And you don't have to lift heavy weights and you won't bulk up like a guy! Just get rid of that jiggle in the upper arm and tone up! Cleaning the house of the really "bad" stuff is such a great move too! I always kept ice cream and cookies in the house for the "kids". Guess who ate it? And the kids didn't need it either!

Good luck! But actually. luck has little to do with it!
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote