Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-25-2006, 11:23 PM   #1  

Default NC newb needs a buddy or 2 or 12!

Hello all!
I'm new here and am looking for friends who feel my pain! I've got about 100 lbs. to lose and have never been one to love exercise, even when I was younger and thinner. I'm 38, married 22 years (I'll save everyone the math- yes I married at 15) and have a 21 year old son. Although my goal is not to become a major babe, it would be nice to be able to turn a head now and again. I really just want to feel better and be able to do some things I've never done before, now that our son is grown.
My husband has been dieting and doing great, but I tend to lose weight slowly, which is sooo frustrating and discouraging.

So, if anybody out there needs a buddy to commiserate with, I'm starting tomorrow, so gimme a shout and we'll get through this together!
newsnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 01:37 AM   #2  
I'm on the wagon

S/C/G: 314/275.5/125

Height: short stuff

Hi newsnerd

I'm about your age and have about the same lbs to lose. I just started about 10 days ago myself.

I've been exercising for a few years and doing the yo-yo thing for many years, but I'm on the wagon again.

Feel free to shoot me a message if you want to chat!

Angie
Abbeycat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:22 PM   #3  

Hi and thanks a lot. It's going to be tough this week b/c it's supposed to rain every day. grrr! Looks like I'll be walking in the mall.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:55 PM   #4  
I'm on the wagon

S/C/G: 314/275.5/125

Height: short stuff

Hi,

Maybe you should look into getting a video/dvd exercise program for those days when you can't/don't want to go out.

Myself, I have NO excuses available... we have a home gym AND I have an exercise DVD in case I don't feel like getting on a machine.

I have a lot of days when I just say "ugh.. do I have to?" but I know the answer is yes, I have to. The trick (if you can even really call it that) that I use on myself is I just say 'show up' and if I don't feel like doing much, I do 20 minutes. But it always turns out that by the time I'm 20 mins in, I feel warmed up and my brain doesn't feel as fogged.

It was SO hot today there would be no way I could walk outside in the heat.
Abbeycat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:01 PM   #5  

Ugh, it has rained here for days. And I don't mean just a little light rain or occassional shower, this is a serious, steady downpour. The sun came out a while ago and I thought I'd just take a walk up the street, but as soon as I had changed my clothes, it was on again!
I used to have a Tae Bo tape (back in VCR days) and I did use it, but I'm fairly uncoordinated, so anything that requires rythmn is right out, for now anyway. I'm hoping as I slim down, my balance will be better and it will be easier to move, so those type of exercises will be more useful. I think I really need a stretching/yoga/something other than dancing-type aerobics dvd for those days. I think we get the fitness channel on satellite (actually, I think it's a channel we blocked out because we never use it! ) So, I'm gonna check that schedule and see what they've got.
What exercise or activity has given you the best results?