Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-25-2006, 11:01 PM   #1  
I am my dog's idol!

Cool any singles still on here? Buddy needed...

Hi all...I used to post on a singles forum but I see it is no longer active. I sure could use some single buddies to chat with and give and receive support with. I would accept support from married women too of course. Just wanted to find someone with singleness in common. Trials and tribulations and temptations in the dating scene, ect... I'm also 44 so singleness in 40's is different than in 20's. Looking for someone like me I guess. If that's possible...

Thanks! Debbie
Holli's Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 11:05 PM   #2  

Height: 5'8.5"

Well I'm single but quite a bit older than you and not really into the dating scene at this point in my life. So obviously not what you are looking for. But I wish you the best of success in your weight loss journey!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 11:09 PM   #3  
I am my dog's idol!

Hi Misti...thanks so much! How old are you? Is there a particular thread you like? Are you following a certain diet plan? I appreciate your post :-)

Debbie
Old 06-25-2006, 11:24 PM   #4  

Hi Debbie

I just turned 59... getting up there!

There are a lot of neat threads but I am involved in the Coast to Coast Challenge, where a group of us just walked from Hopedale MA to Seattle (adding up our total miles) and are now headed to San Diego.

I also really like the 300 Plus and Ready to Try Again bunch even though I was a couple pounds short of being qualified when I started. They still let me in and welcomed me; actually there are several now who have arrived in TwoTown and some even have made it to OneDerland. They are a huge source of support.

I also enjoy the Christian Encouragers thread, even though I don't seem to make it in there as often as I would like. I get so busy with exercise and just life in general.

Nope, no "diet" for me... I don't believe in them for me personally. That is NOT to say they are not fine for others if they help people!!! Just for me I want an overall lifestyle change in my eating not focused on what someone else tells me to eat but my own plan. I eat very few processed foods, a LOT of fresh fruits and veggies, smaller portions of meat. I don't log foods or "count" calories but I am aware of them and generally eat around 1800 per day (what my doctor recommended).

How about you? What are you doing? A diet program or...??? I notice the Bob Greene quote. Are you following his plan? What are you doing for exercise?
Old 06-26-2006, 01:32 AM   #5  
I'm on the wagon

S/C/G: 314/275.5/125

Height: short stuff

OMG NO WAY YOU ARE 59?

In that photo there I thought you were 30-something.
You look great!!!!!

Angie
Abbeycat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 02:36 AM   #6  

LOL thanks, Angie! Actually that photo was taken on my 59th birthday on the cruise ship!
Old 06-26-2006, 02:50 AM   #7  
Going goal.

S/C/G: 316/ticker/140

Height: 5'6" & 3/4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misti in Seattle
LOL thanks, Angie! Actually that photo was taken on my 59th birthday on the cruise ship!
I agree with Angie. I can't wait to see what you will look like at goal because you are so pretty already!

And I don't think I am what you are looking for either, Debbie. I'm single but I'll be 18 next month.. and not on a plan or anything. Just basically doing what Misti is.
pixiefalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:21 AM   #8  

Thanks Pixiefalls! LOL I can't wait to see what I look like at my goal either! Am hoping the skin will spring back at my age! But I am giving it my best shot!!
Old 06-26-2006, 11:47 AM   #9  
I am my dog's idol!

Default cool

Nice to see some chatter here. I agree...I thought you were younger than me, Misti. That's incredible. I think as I start today to refocus, I'm gonna try to just stick with eating healthy and maybe no white stuff like Oprah talks about. You are right in that it needs to be lifestyle change.

I used to do sugar busters and am thinking about looking into that forum for some recipes, etc...

Nice to meet you abbeycat. Love the photo of your kitty's.. I just adopted a new kitten. She's such a spitfire. Good for my other cat. They are already chasing each other around the house!

Pixiefalls, you are so young! That is great tho, becoming aware of healthy eating early on. I wish I had been more aware at that age. Maybe I wouldn't have gained so much weight in college!

Debbie
Old 06-26-2006, 07:55 PM   #10  

Hi Debbie

Sounds like you have a good plan! Yes there are lots of great recipes here and links to some on other sites also. I've gotten some great ones!!! It pays to explore around <G>

Greetings to everyone else here too.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:14 PM   #11  
I'm on the wagon

S/C/G: 314/275.5/125

Height: short stuff

Hi everyone!

Debbie.. yes those are my kitties when they were younger. they are now 4 years old and MUCH bigger, 10 pounds each. and REALLY bad bad get into everything kinds. As I write this, one of them is sitting on my desk trying to knock everything off so I will pay attention to him.

I know.. keep the paper work in the drawer and i would not have that problem. haha

~ Angie
Abbeycat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 11:23 PM   #12  
South Beach Life Style

35 And Single Here, Being Single Is So Hard These Days. Hellllloooo All
MsCrockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 02:13 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 200/196/150

Cool Here I am!

Hi Debbie!

I am 40 years old and single..divorced actually. I have an 8 year old son who's new stepmother is 26! (He has a new baby brother too) I finished the 3fatchick book this afternoon, and then spent the last 4 hours reading the postings on this site! It is amazing what some of these women have accomplished!

But, I do think that the challenges that face us single people (specially us older single people) are definately worth sharing with a buddy. I look at the 20 somethings in their size 0 clothing..and think..DANG!! Even when I was in HL..I was never smaller than a 10.

Its pretty hard to meet single guys with that kind of competition. It seems pretty unfair that overweight men like my ex..have no problem dating these thin flowers..

So...am tired of rejection and working my way towards a better me. I have lost 6 pounds in two weeks..but you would never know it to look at me..I am cutting the calories..drinking the water (ugh) and exercising my big hiney off..but so far the effect has been very subtle.

This looks like a terrific site. My first online weight loss site.

If you still need a Buddy, Here I am!

Wendy
Sugarlips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 02:33 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

Hi !!
My name is also Wendy and I'm 34, and very single, although by choice right now,but I have been dating once in awhile.
I'm going through a divorce that seems to be taking forever(year and a half so far)and I have a 2 and a half year old boy.
I'm doing the same as Misti~ no diet plan, just eat right and try and get my butt movin'!!
Good luck and welcome to 3fc!!
Wide in Winnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 02:43 AM   #15  
Going goal.

S/C/G: 316/ticker/140

Height: 5'6" & 3/4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holli's Human
I'm gonna try to just stick with eating healthy and maybe no white stuff like Oprah talks about. You are right in that it needs to be lifestyle change.

Pixiefalls, you are so young! That is great tho, becoming aware of healthy eating early on. I wish I had been more aware at that age. Maybe I wouldn't have gained so much weight in college!

Debbie
I love how Oprah will have those shows with Dr. Oz. I wrote down a while back what it was we should eat but I don't know what I did with the paper.

Thanks! It's because of this website!! I've been overweight since I was like 6 and I tried to lose weight before. When I found this site and all the support it was so much easier than previous times! I wish you the best here! I really hope to see you around on other parts of the forum.

Misti -- you're welcome! You could be blessed with elastic skin! I'm hoping I am. I don't have any loose skin at the moment, but I gained this seventy pounds I just lost in intervals. I gained the first 30 when I was 14 and then the next 40 when I was 16 so it hasn't been on there that long. The weight I am trying to lose now has been on there since I was about 6 (well okay not ALL of it lol) so I'm hoping my skin bounces back!

Everyone else -- hope to see you guys too on other threads (like mini-goals!!). Ooh, y'all can start a support thread in the support groups part of the forum! That part is a busy place!
pixiefalls is offline   Reply With Quote