Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-27-2006, 01:20 PM   #16  

Ladies, thank you so much for the encouragement. I bought my new walking shoes yesterday and did a lap around the mall with my son (it's 1 mile around) in my new shoes. It killed my back and I was sweaty, but it's a start. Bonnie, we sound a lot alike. I hate to sweat, I feel like I'll break out in hives if I exercise lol, and right now I still worry about what people think. But I think I'll get there. And the bike seat-butt problem: do ya get used to it? I really want a bicycle, but I'm afraid I'll be too heavy for it and that the seat will just kill me. I haven't ridden a bike in years and I really miss it.
I have also resolved that this Friday will be that last time the elevator at work will haul me to the third floor, barring a broken bone. It might not seem like much, but when I'm dragging all this upstairs, it feels like a mountain!
newsnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 02:34 PM   #17  

first of all.. MARRIED SINCE YOU WERE 15?!?! wooow! thats incredible i've never known anyone married that young... he must be something special Congrats!! and also.. i just noticed that you are from north carolina.. i don't think i can talk to you anymore. JUST KIDDING.. im a huge oilers fan and still am a little wounded over the devestating loss in game 7 to the carolina hurricanes. You should have seen our city on FIRE during the playoffs.. it totally brought our city together... i even CRIED when carolina won the cup!!What can i say.. i love my oilers. heheh... But congrats to your team for winning (as hard as it is to say... they fought a good fight). Ok back to the fitness stuff. The bike seat DOES get easier to sit on. It takes a bit.. but eventually it starts to hurt less and less. I am so proud of you for deciding to take the stairs at work!!!! Imagine what i thought when my sporty co-worker told me i was to take the stairs with her (8flights up fromt he basement) after our supper break. ARE YOU KIDDING ME YOU'LL HAVE TO REVIVE ME HALF WAY THROUGH!! but we did it really slow. I even took a break half way.. and BELIEVE me it was well needed. But i made it my goal to do them at least once every shift. And they still are tough.. but much more doable and now that i KNOW i CAN do them.. there's not excuse not to. It really gets your heart rate up.. and you feel so great by the time you get up to the top! and 3 flights is a great start for you! its a doable goal for sure you can SO do it! And.. those walking shoes will be one of the best fitness investments for you. My greatest fitness investment was my bathing suit. I got a really expensive one and it has lasted me forever and now swimming is the main source of aerobic activity in my life.

Try to care less and less what ppl think of you. Because before long, you will start to see results and those results are way more powerful to your confidence and self esteem than anyone's thoughts or comments to bring you down. YOU GO GIRL!!!

(go oilers! :P)
Bonnie-licious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 10:29 PM   #18  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hey I am really proud of both of you for your great efforts and making such a good start. Yah stairs are great! LOL I live on third floor so I have no choice but they are getting easier and easier!

Keep up the good work!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 11:38 PM   #19  

Sorry 'bout your Oilers Bonnie! NC is just starting to catch NHL fever and this definitely helped. This is the heart of NASCAR, and there's a huge difference in your hockey fans and race fans, but we're catching on.
And yes, 'tis true, I've been married a hella long time! He's a great guy and I can't imagine life without him. We just keep hanging in there! Hope you all have a good night. Catch you tomorrow!
newsnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 11:53 PM   #20  
brookypooh

S/C/G: 213/see ticker/120

Height: 5'6"

Well bonnie I cheated a little bit lol I was so excited about the fact that I was doing so well and I jumped on the scale a bit early and I lost 5 pounds!!!! I was so happy I about cried so I still have a few more days until the real weigh in date I probably wont have lost much more but who knows! either way it just makes me want to keep on going and I pray that I dont hit a big road block! hope all is well for you!
brookypooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 12:44 AM   #21  

Height: 5'8.5"

Good for you, Brook! Glad you got the best of those five pounds!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 02:14 PM   #22  

Brook!! GOOD JOB!! i know when i have a scale in the house, i always cheat and step on it early.. but that usually ends up being an obsession with me and i end up weighingmyself everyday. I find that after a while of doing that.. it gets discouraging because i am an impatient person. So just be careful not to weigh too often. Instead.. go by how your clothes feel on and stuff like that. Because you also will build some muslce while you are working out and stuff... and this will help you lose inches but wont necessarily result in weight loss. But its still a good thing!
anyway THATS AWESOME AND KEEP GOING! im adding to misti's congratulations!!!

Guess what ladies?!?! Ok so yesterday was the WORST EATIGN DAY FOR ME SINCE JUNE 1ST. (read my blog for more details as to WHY... very stressful evening) and i was sooo feeling sick cuz i could feel all this grease in the pit of my stomach and it was the worst feeling EVER. but instead of going to sleep.. my friend dana called me and said "im coming over, we're going for a walk". feeling so gross.. i tried to hand in my "excuse card" to her.. but she wouldn't take no for an answer. (thank god) so we ended up going for an hour and 15 minute long walk.. during which we jogged for short stretches throughout the walk. IT was awesome!! AND soooo much easier to walk/jog with someone beside you pushing you. THANKS DANA!!
So yes, yesterday was bad.. but i made up for it by doing something very physical and THAT felt sooo incredible. dana and i made a goal to run/walk together 5 times per month, and to be jogging for most of our walks by the end of august!! YAY!!!
Bonnie-licious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 07:35 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 332/302/125

Height: 5'6

Default hey

Hey bonnie, i need to lose over 100 pounds aswell. I'm 27 from philly. I'm looking for a buddy as well. AIM me if you wanna chat sometime.

angiepants78 AIM and YahooIM
angiepants78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 08:51 PM   #24  
Not giving up!!

S/C/G: 323/200/175

Height: 5'8

Hello and Welcome!! Good Luck with your weight loss!! You can do it!!
~~Sunshine~~ is offline   Reply With Quote