Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-18-2006, 01:53 PM   #1  

Talking Hi I am new here Lookin for a buddy

Hi everyone
My name is Sky. I have tried different things to lose weight and they havent worked, so now I have started thee WW diet and thought I would try this hopefully this will get me on the right track. I would like to share my journey with other people so that maybe it will keep motivated and I can help someone out to. Well Guess I have rambled on enough . Thanks sky

smilinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 02:38 PM   #2  

Wink Hi I am new

Hi Everyone, I found this website by accident and I really like it. Let me tell you a little about myself. I use to weight 300 lbs and I took the drastic root. I had the gastric bypass done about 8 yrs ago and I lost 130 lbs. But just because you get that done you still have to watch everything that goes into your body.
I lost my job and had to get a new one and it is sitting behind a desk all day and I have gained 40 lbs back, because I dont get no excerise. I am moving and where I am moving to has a gym and I am going to start working out and when I get settled into my new place I am going to order the 3fat chicks book. I want to get back down to what I was. I use to wear a size 26 jeans and went down to a 10 and now I am back into a 16. Because of the surgery I have to have 80 grams of protein a day and it is hard getting that much. So I am looking for some good protein shake recipes. If any of you know of any I would like for you to let me know.
shiningstar4669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 03:00 PM   #3  
A Healthier Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilinsky
Hi everyone
My name is Sky. I have tried different things to lose weight and they havent worked, so now I have started thee WW diet and thought I would try this hopefully this will get me on the right track. I would like to share my journey with other people so that maybe it will keep motivated and I can help someone out to. Well Guess I have rambled on enough . Thanks sky

Hello Sky, my name is Chanell. I'd love to be your buddy. We can motivate each other. I'm back at it again and determined to rid these same 50 pounds once and for all. I'm doing low-fat/cal and exercise at least 4 times per week. It would be great to have someone to do this with who totally understands. My boyfriend is supportive, but he's never had to lose weight so he doesn't really understand. Feel free to send me messages anytime.
coco_chanell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 03:13 PM   #4  

Talking Hi

HI CHANELL

THAT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU WANT TO BE MY BUDDY i UNDERSTAND ABOUT THE BOYFRIEND THING I HAVE A HUSBAND AND HE IS SUPPORTIVE BUT HAS NO INEREST IN HIMSELF LOSING A FEW POUNDS. IHAVENT STARTING EXERCISING YET BUT I PLAN TO START WALKING TODAY AND SWIMMING ITS A LITTLE EASIER ON THE BODY TILL I CAN DROP SOME WEIGHT WELL THANKS AGAIN FOR RESPONDING I LOOK FORWARD TO TAKING THIS JOURNEY WITH YOU. SKI
Old 06-18-2006, 03:30 PM   #5  

Default Hi

Hi Shingstar,

I Havent Really Tried The Protien Shakes Except Through A Metabolic Research Diet I Tried And They Were Okay But I Went To They Building Here In Texas And Bought Them They May Have A Web Site Under Metabolic Research. Sorry Counldnt Be More Helpful.

Sky
Old 06-18-2006, 09:36 PM   #6  
A Healthier Me

Hello Sky, I'm just sharing my weekly goals with you because I seem to do better with accountability to someone else for some reason.
Goal 1: I will get on the treadmill for 30 minuets at least 4 days this week and I will jog for a minimum of 10 of those minutes.

Goal 2: I will package a heathly lunch and healthy snacks each day for work.

Goal 3: I will drink plenty of water and green tea (NO mountain dew...I really have a thing for mt. dew)

My target is to lose 2 lbs per week, but I won't make that a goal because I don't want to be disappointed if I do everything right and not lose anything that week. Someone on this site recommended setting goals that you can control and the weight will be like the extra bonus.

Hope you have a great week. I'll try to check in a few times during the evenings to see how your week is going.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:28 PM   #7  

Default Hi

Hi Chanell

Making the goals are an excellent idea. I think i will also make goals for the week. i am having a rough evening me and my husband got into a fight and when Iget sad I want to eat but I decided i would get online and check out the site instead and it is helping.Anyways here are what my goals will be.
1) I will go walk for at 45 minutes or do swimming exercises 4 times this week.

2)I will stay within my limits of points for ww diet this week.

3)I will keep a journal of the exercises and food i eat.

4)I will drink at least 64oz of water a day.

I want to improve my blood sugar levels this week. I am diabetic and I am trying to improve my eating habits to improve my health. I will also check in and see how you are doing. Thanks. Sky
Old 06-19-2006, 08:11 AM   #8  
A Healthier Me

Those are great goals. I will start a journal too. Have a great day.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:32 AM   #9  

Height: 5'8.5"

Smilinsky I am here to tell you that walking and swimming -- along with a healthful eating plan -- really WORKS. That is mostly what I have been doing. Actually just started the swimming and water aerobics the past month since the pool is open at my apt complex. This winter I plan to go to a local indoor pool. It's a great way to get started and drop some weight to enable you to do more!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 03:47 PM   #10  

Default Hi

Hi Misti,

Thanks for thw words of encouragement.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:58 PM   #11  

Hi Chanell,

I have done very well today I just have to get my exercise in I will have to do that this evening.I hope your day is going well. The 100 calorie snack packs are good and they are great when I have a craving. Well gotta get back to work.

Sky

Last edited by smilinsky; 06-19-2006 at 09:14 PM.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:03 PM   #12  

Hi Sky

Just want to caution you it is not generally a wise idea to post your email address on the public boards... wow are YOU ever going to get loaded with spam.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:16 PM   #13  

Hi Misti,

Thanks for the warning I took it off.

SKI
Old 06-19-2006, 11:56 PM   #14  

Good idea, Ski! It's unfortunate but so true that not every lurker on these boards has your/our best interests at heart.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:52 AM   #15  
A Healthier Me

Ski, Congrats on your great day yesterday was a pretty good day for me as far as meal choices and exercise. The only thing is I had to work late and came home at 9 PM and ate dinner. I have to do better and stop eating after 7 PM. I have some time now I'm gonna get 30 min on the treadmill in. Hope you have another great day!