Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-12-2006, 10:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/150/150

Height: 5'6"

Red face Hello from another loser! ;)

Hi, my name is Kayla and I started my journey, oh about a hundred times now. I've been unsuceesful- period, I've lost, I've gained. I've cried, I've done everything else a "dieter" goes through.

I was looking for a ticker today and was led to this community and feel I should share my journey with you. I started this one on May 31 when I weighed in at a whopping, all-time high and tearjerking (to me) 195. I know this seems trivial, but I have always been 150 or less. I swore I'd never get "fat." And lo and behold 200 starts to creep up on me. I spent most of that day crying, decided I was going to do something and have been since. Since 5/31 I have lost a glorius 6 pounds. I will continue to do so. My first goal is 170.

I have a lateral stepper to pick up from my Mum's. I just bought a fitness ball (which I need to learn to use) and have been dancing around the house like a ninny-poop with my kids (3 boys). We have done tae-bo and "Jamaica me swe't" together, we have noshed fresh raw veg, walked and they are such a wonderful little support system to me. The Hubster and my Mum have also been extremely supportive of me. My Mum lost a LOT of weight several years ago and she knows what it's like to try to lose. My MIL is a WW fan and has lost weight. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful supportive network. Above all, God and prayer have helped me through the past couple weeks.

A little background on me- I am 29 come September, have 3 kids, I quit smoking 12M April 24th (7 weeks last nite at M- ). I became a SAHM December 31, 2003, less than a month before my youngest was born. I was a wonderful 150 prior to my pgcy with him and have just never lost the weight from him. I did get down to 183 back in April, but when I quit smoking I skyrocketed and didn't even realise it til the doomed May 31st. I just never weighed. I guess I was in denial, and I figured "oh no, not me. I won';t gain all that weight." Sheah right!

So I am here now. I come to you, baring all bones, looking for support, hoping to give and to be a little tiny LOSER!!! Instead of a big fat one. LOL I do have a blog, along with 3 other team members. Once I get a little more familiar with the site here, I'll share it! Good luck to all of us, and God Bless!
apoundatatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 01:09 PM   #2  
Fearless and Free

Welcome Kayla. It doesnt matter how many times you have to start over. Perseverence always wins out in the end Good luck to you!
Tirzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 01:44 PM   #3  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Welcome Kayla and good luck. Congratulations on the 6 lbs. lost. Most of us here admit we've lost the weight and regained it many times. I put on a lot of weight after the birth of each child but not during the pregnancy. I know a lot of it was stress eating and being more sedentary. My youngest is 14 yrs. old and I'm just now getting the weight off.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 10:51 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/150/150

Height: 5'6"

Wow Miss Lillybelle, I looked at your ticker and then at your pics. 3 pounds left- AWESOME!!!
apoundatatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 11:32 PM   #5  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi Kayla, and welcome! Yah we love losers around here!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote