Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-11-2006, 09:35 AM   #1  
"All bark and no bite..."

S/C/G: 238/218/?---->trying for 130

Height: 5'9

Arrow Just joined and live in Panama City, Florida

Hi to all,
I just joined and I live here in Panama City, Florida and would love to have a buddy. My real name is Jennifer and I am 34 and I am a Security Officer. I am hoping to get off some weight that I gained from being on the Semi-Truck with my husband this past year. That was fun...I've been just about everywhere but the food I ate was mostly junk and I barely got any exercise at all. If anyone wants to be a buddy or chat, just let me know.
K9BITESME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 09:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi Jennifer and welcome. Have you chosen an eating plan or exercise ideas? Maybe we can point you toward some threads that could be helpful.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 02:03 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB
Hi Jennifer and welcome. Have you chosen an eating plan or exercise ideas? Maybe we can point you toward some threads that could be helpful.
No, I haven't picked an eatting plan. So far I am trying to cut out the junk food and sweets. I am drinking only water or soy milk and eatting mostly veggies and salad in those taco salad shells that you can make at home. I am trying to take in more protein as well. I need any advice I can get. Thanks for asking.
Old 06-11-2006, 02:19 PM   #4  

Tuna, chicken and/or turkey breast. You're making me hungry for a wrap. What kind of dressing do you like?
Old 06-11-2006, 11:14 PM   #5  

Talking

Quote:
Tuna, chicken and/or turkey breast. You're making me hungry for a wrap. What kind of dressing do you like?
Well..all of those sorta. And by sorta, I mean I am actually trying to cut out real meat and eat the Morning Star and Bocca products. I got some really good "mock" Chicken strips from Morning Star to put in my salad...and with the dressing and all, you can't tell that it's not chicken. I used a combination of Bacon Ranch dressing and also Balsalmic Vinegerette...just because I could'nt decide on which one to use...and let me tell ya,...it's not bad! I am off Monday and Tuesday, so I plan to lift my 10 lb. weights and do some moderate exercise. I am lucky enough to live 300 feet off the beach, so there's no excuse for me to not walk it when I am off...not to mention taking a swim. I better take advantage of it while I can because we plan to move from this condo that they turned into apartments. It's just too noisy here in this particular one and I work nights a lot and need my sleep.
Wow! Sorry to "bark" your ears off...
Old 06-12-2006, 01:12 AM   #6  
Martha

S/C/G: 265/246/150

Hi Jennifer,
I just joined today also and am looking for a buddy. I am doing WW points at home; the meeting times and my schedule do not jive, so since I have been a member of WW off and on many times and had all the information at home, I decided to just do it without going to meetings. I thought by joining this site and getting some support from others on the same journey would be a great help.

marthabarfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 09:43 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by marthabarfield
Hi Jennifer,
I just joined today also and am looking for a buddy. I am doing WW points at home; the meeting times and my schedule do not jive, so since I have been a member of WW off and on many times and had all the information at home, I decided to just do it without going to meetings. I thought by joining this site and getting some support from others on the same journey would be a great help.

Wow! I always wondered what WW was like. At least you know what it is like and how to do it, which means you will save money doing it yourself without signing up for it again. I don't know what the heck I am doing...I mean I lost 41 lbs. in 2003 just by walking in place in my living room because I felt too embarassed to go outside. I felt that people were thinking" Just look at that fat girl trying to exercise." But eventually I went walking around the neighborhood and then started riding the bike around...that's when I hit a plateau. I had gone from 241 to 200 back then...and now here I am again trying to win back my body from all the junkfood and non existant exercise in my life for the past year. We've got bad weather headed this way from the Tropical Storm Alberto...so I will be mostly inside today doing squats and all.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:59 PM   #8  
Martha

S/C/G: 265/246/150

Hope the weather won't be too bad with the storm. Stay safe!
marthabarfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 10:00 PM   #9  

Thanks...Florida almost always gets it bad. The waves are comming in high.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:20 PM   #10  

You can 'bark' our ears off any time. It feels so much better to have somewhere to go like 3fc, yes?

Hey that boca type stuff is good, low fat? Don't those spritz dressings come in balsamic vinagrette?
Old 06-13-2006, 10:58 AM   #11  

Quote:
You can 'bark' our ears off any time. It feels so much better to have somewhere to go like 3fc, yes?

Hey that boca type stuff is good, low fat? Don't those spritz dressings come in balsamic vinagrette?
Yes I love the Bocca burgers. I haven't tried the new sprizters yet, but I want to. I do believe they have the balsalmic vinagrette in that too.
I have bought several of those 100 calories cookies and crakers and found some 100 calorie Doritoes in the little packs as well. I don't know if using these will sabbotage me or not though on losing weight. It's portions that get me mostly anyway.