Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-10-2006, 02:32 PM   #1  

Default I'm new!

Hey Everybody. I am brand new around here, so I thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Elise and I'm 18 and live in Southern California. I weight about 165 lbs. This is the first time I've really tried to lose any weight, mostly because i didnt want to give up the food, OR exercise. Now I am on board about the exercise thing, and rather than cutting out all the foods i love, i hope just to think about it first.

I dont really have a target weight, or anything like that, but really just to be healthier and more fit. Speaking of which, i hit the gym yesterday and am so sore today.

I dont really know what to expect from here, but I thought i would give it a shot.
Elise
BazookaJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 06:31 PM   #2  
Beam me up Scotty!

S/C/G: 310/218/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi Elsie,
I'm new here as well, but not to this type of venue. Welcome to the boards. I was wishing there had been something like this when I was your age. You will find people here of all ages all over the world that have stories, suggestions, questions and inspiration to share, all for the asking. Just speak up, someone will be out there to answer you. There are areas specifically for younger people, special diets, lifestyles, you name it, but i'm sure no matter where you post someone will help.

While i'm old enough to be your mother I still remember being in highschool and feeling like I had to fast for days on end or be in every activity till I was going to drop. More than anything, I found, like many others it was the cycle of dieting and regaining the weight that got us where we are. Hopefully, you will be spared the "roller coaster".

A balance is key. Weight loss is the "side effect" of healthy living. Some have found that certain foods are a bother to their system like sugar or flour. You can do some experimenting on your own to see if these bother you. Otherwise, what ever you choose to do, make sure you can do it for the long haul as a lifestyle not a "diet". Little changes do wonders. Increase walking distance, take the stairs instead of the elevator, go dancing more, ride a bike, some weight training is good, it's a fact that more muscle means more calories burned, eat more fish and whole vegtables, drink more pure water, eat less fast/junk food, don't obsess over the scale. Just my 2 cents...

Have a great time here!
Karen
cantforgetthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 06:49 PM   #3  

Thanks Karen! I really appreciate your input. I have always had a really happy life, and i love who i am, so i feel like losing the weight is the only thing keeping me back from anything. So hopefully i will be able to lose a little weight and then move on with my life.

I do know that i dont need to lose a TON of weight, just a little here and there and i would be happy. And I'm not really willing to give up the foods i love, but it seems that i need to start getting more open to that because it may be the only way this works for me.

Thanks again Karen!
Elise
Old 06-10-2006, 11:14 PM   #4  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi and welcome. I might suggest you start with small changes. Like drink more water and less soda/sugary drinks. Try to include more fruits and veggies in your daily intake. Going to the gym is a good start. You don't weigh all that much and may find that you can still have most of the foods you love with just a few small changes. Good luck.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 02:21 AM   #5  

Thanks for the advice. I dont drink much else other than water and diet soda, its more so the AMOUNT of food that i eat. I just find that if i dont eat, i get hungry, and binge even more. And i also dont really like healthy food at all. Like vegetables or fruits. And I've been so busy with work and school its hard not to eat out, instead cooking a meal for myself. Hopefully everything will work out though.
Old 06-11-2006, 06:18 AM   #6  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Talking Welcome!

This is a great site! I am with ya. I love food and I'm addicted to fast food, just because of the shift I work and the longer hours. I think its like the ladies mentioned, take small steps. That is the one thing I learned from here.

The support you'll get here is wonderful, even if your not a strict "by-the-book" dieter, you will still get all the support you will need + more here!

So Welcome and Just feel free to "jump right in" the "water" is fine!
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote