Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-29-2006, 08:59 PM   #1  
Princess Kittyfluff

Default Proper Introduction

Okay, I had a seriously long post all typed up, decided it was too wordy, trying again:

I was here a year ago, stopped bothering with the whole weight loss thing when life got too crazy, and now I'm back because I need to lose weight and learn to eat right so I won't ever have to take insulin shots and completely give up sugar.

My "normal" eating habits: canned spaghetti, frozen pizza, frozen burritos, corn dogs, ramen noodles, pop tarts, pizza rolls, bologna sandwiches on white bread... you get the idea. Parents both worked late, my brother and I were on the "whatever you can cook on your own" diet, which stayed with me (especially now, as I don't have a working stove). Usually a soda or three a day, gallons of sweet tea.

My eating habits the past week: whole grains, fruits, veggies, lots of meat (protein is one of those things I need a lot of at the moment), cottage cheese (see protein), and so on. Two glasses of tea a day on weekends, one on weekdays, water the rest of the time.

My food issues: I need to increase my calorie intake (currently less than 1000 a day, due to being used to eating only once a day) without increasing fat content by huge amounts. Calories have always been that low, but with 50% or more being from fat and another 30% or so from bad carbs. How I don't have heart and cholesterol problems is beyond me, but I'll count myself lucky it hasn't happened yet, and now that I'm changing my lifestyle, hopefully never will.

Any and all support welcome, 'cause this is one heck of a change for me, but since a large part of it is just eating like a normal human being, most of my friends don't really understand just how huge it is. That, and they've seen me go on and off diets and health kicks so often, I imagine they're jaded to it now. But my motivation before was "I want to be thin." Now it's "I don't want to become diabetic."

(And yes, I know it's still wordy. But a LOT less so than before editing. :P)
lunameow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 09:02 PM   #2  
Princess Kittyfluff

(Erm... and sorry if this should be under the regular Support board, but this one said "New member introductions", so I wasn't sure.)
Old 05-29-2006, 11:15 PM   #3  
Fearless and Free

Hi LM I just wanted to wish you all the best on Part II of your journey! You can do it girl.

Tirzah
Tirzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 01:01 PM   #4  
labelle16352

S/C/G: 205/148/130

Schwans solves everything. I cannot cook and like good food. My guy Pete lets me know all the new heart smart, low fat, not fat stuff. Individually sold stuff, veggie's, bread, whatever you want. Calories listed.
labelle16352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 11:31 PM   #5  
Princess Kittyfluff

I can't cook either. (And even if I could, I don't have a working stove.) But my friend gave me his George Foreman grill since he doesn't use it, and it's pretty much impossible to mess up meat with that. Most everything else is either microwaveable or doesn't need cooking.

I was bad today, though. A lot of bad. I got hungry at work, and was in a hurry when I left this morning, so I didn't take a lunch with me. The vending machines and cafeteria are full of high fat, nasty foods, but I can't go without eating because of my low calorie issues (and my medication requires food), so I got a little package of donut holes. I guess I did okay on that, because I only ate two of them, just enough to get something in my stomach and make it stop growling at me. But the stupid machine spit out two packages! A couple of weeks ago, that would have been pure joy, but this time it just sorta cheesed me off.

And Denny's for dinner. A week of mostly-healthy eating, and was craving pot roast, so... yah. I didn't eat all of it, though, and hardly touched the mashed potatoes that came with it. Still, not going to be too hard on myself. If that's the worst I do this week, I'm still doing a LOT better than I was.