Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-17-2006, 11:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/230/160

Thumbs up 19 year old college student looking for buddy for online communication

Hello everyone I am 19 years old and I am a current college student. I am studying to become a nurse. I live with my grandmother. Shes not the best at motivation, her idea of a diet is starvation with no exercise. I am looking to lose about 70 pounds over the next year. I am starting today. I am 5ft tall and 230 pounds. Ever since I can remember I have been a bigger girl. When I was 12 I wieghed 175 pounds. Right now I am a size 18. I would like to get down to maybe a size 10 or 8. I am very muscular like my father so I beleive 140-160 pounds would be a good goal for now. Everyone in my family is obese. I love physical activity, in high school I was in track and field (I did the field part) and I earned many awards for power lifting which is something I found very enjoyable. Now that I have grown up a bit I learned that I really enjoy kickboxing and biking. So with this in mind I have decided to make these two activities my two main sources of exercise. Along with a day of yoga. My real problem is eating. I have decided to make a food journal and switch to a low cal low carb diet for life. I am eating more veggies and fruits and less fried foods. I have also cut down my soda intake hoping to kick the habit completely.
Although I am a bigger girl I am quite confident, getting to that point was very hard but i figured my first step was to be happy with the person I was now so that I could be happy with the person I will become with time. I am not in search of diet plans, or someone who is going to tell me im doing everything wrong. I would like to find someone who has some of the same obesity issues, someone who needs a good listener, and someone with a positive attitude. I would like maybe a daily or every other day correspondence with my buddy and motivational help when needed. Just someone i can share the struggles with and make this work for life. Everything i am asking for I am willing to give in return. So if you are interested pls let me know.
changin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 08:15 AM   #2  
Healthy Living

S/C/G: 150/150/125

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs up

You've come to the right place! It sounds like you've already got it going on so I'll bet you'd be good support for others! Keep posting & check out the other forums. There are calorie counters and low carb groups here. Did you know you can journal on this site? It helps me to "go public" with my intake. Good luck!
SSarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 09:51 AM   #3  

Hey..i'm Interested. I'm A 20 Year Old Female From Nyc. I'm Also A College Student!!!!!!!send Me A Private Message...im Hoping To Loose 40lbs By My Birthday Which Is In September!!!!!!!
kam06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 04:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 202/200/150

I'm interested too! Welcome to the site! I'm a college student in Boston and I've been on this site for a couple weeks and it's really helped so far. Great support! You should consider doing a journal tooo!

Hit me up via private message oooor you can aim me at the same name as my username here

Good luck!
~Jess~
thecanadian213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 11:28 PM   #5  
*Smooches*

Default I totally feel you!!

Hey Guys,

Well I'm in uni too and share the same struggle that you guys have described. I posted my story before, but gonna share with u guys so you know where I'm coming from.

I am 22 and over weight. I was never skinny but when I was younger I was very curvy, began to develop at a really young age. There was this one point in my life when I was very healthy, exercising, not eating junk and I loved how I looked and then it all ended with these important exams I had to do coming down to the end of high school (I follow the British education system). Since then I don't think I ever completely lost the weight I put on. My weight has been like a yo-yo and it has totally depressed me many times.

I'm now a Jr. in university in the states and I'm fed up of being over weight. I feel as if I'm missing out on life because of my discomfort with my body. I can't even begin to share with you how many times I've said "Well I'll do this/that when I loose some weight". Even how I dress is dictated by my weight.

I have decided that I want to finally loose the weight once and for all by next year February. My best friend (who is a skinny Minnie) and I are planning to go back home for Carnival and I intend to be able to wear the tiny shorts and skirts that I've always yearned to by then. It's hard to stay in shape here at university as I'm in the middle of nowhere in the south and the cafe food totally sucks and is extremely fattening. I'm on a scholarship so money is tight and there is absolutely no cooking allowed in the dorms. I think I've been using those issues as crutches not to loose the weight so I've developed a new no excuses regiem.

I'm in Ohio now for an internship and on Thursday go together with a trainer who has developed a plan for me after we discussed my weakeness ect. I start on Tues after the holiday. I hope I don't fall off the wagon as I think I have lost all the self control I once had..I'm soo weak when it comes to food now.

Neway as I'm sure you can all tell by the length of this post I love n live to talk and I know personally how important support is to loosing weight...especially when you need to vent cause of a stressful day (at least that's how it is for me). So I'm totally up to having a buddy and am pretty much open to whatever form of communication it easier for u (just private msg me or post a msg here..whichever is fine)

Good Luck guys!

Danielle

Good Luck to everyone with your journey!
DaniDido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 09:26 PM   #6  
Shopaholic Anonymous

S/C/G: 180/148/127

Height: 5'5"ish

I'm totally interested! My name is Sarah Jane, I'm 18 and a college student as well, living in New Jersey for the summer. My story is a loooong one, but if you (or anyone else from this thread) is interested just IM me on instant messanger... my screen name is McCrew The Jew.

Hope to hear from you!
mccrew_the_jew is offline   Reply With Quote