Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-13-2006, 10:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 182/180/130

Default Another Newbie in HUGE need of support

Hi, just starting and I'm already discouraged!! Would love to have a Buddy to share the ups and downs with. I weigh 182lbs and am 5'4". I had dropped down to 169lbs, but then I lost my job and the stress eating did me in!!!

Enough complaining. Anyone willing to share the best diet and a few pointers with me?

Thank you,

Arenace
Arenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 11:28 PM   #2  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi Arenace... So glad you are here!!! There is lots of great support and encouragement here so hopefully that will help with your discouragement and get you on track!!

Since I personally don't ascribe to "diets" but just a great healthful eating and exercise plan I developed myself, I'm probably not the one to recommend a specific "diet" to you. However, I can tell you how I do it. I just eat a lot of whole foods... not much processed... I eat small portions of all kinds of meat... but pile on loads of fresh fruits and veggies. I also eat yogurt just about every day and snack on popcorn or dried veggie chips at night.

There are lots of great diet threads here if you decide you want to do a specific one. Also the thing that helps me the most are the exercise challenge threads. There are challenges of just about every type. I am in the Coast to Coast Challenge where a bunch of us are adding our miles together that we walk and "cyber walking" across the United States! It's a lot of fun and keeps us moving. You are welcome to join us if that interests you.

Why not explore the forum and just jump into whatever interests you. Sometimes it takes a bit of exploration to find where we "fit" the best but just jump right on in... everyone is friendly and very encouraging!!!

in Seattle
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 11:26 AM   #3  
Healthy Living

S/C/G: 150/150/125

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and ditto what Misti said! If you are interested in a diet per se, you should check out the diet plan forums. Good luck!
SSarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 12:26 PM   #4  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Welcome and good luck. There are many different types of diets listed here. People are all on whatever suits them best. I am on Atkins, per my physician. Choose whatever will work best for you. Drink lots of water and try to get some form of exercise. For me, walking is the most I can do but used to lift weights and loved it. This board offers a lot of great advice and encouragement.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 01:37 PM   #5  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

ARENACE You will LOVE it here! There are so many nice people here and they all are very supportive and encouraging. I stay motivated just coming here to my second home!
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 02:01 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 182/180/130

Thank you all for making me feel so welcome!
Arenace is offline   Reply With Quote