Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-11-2006, 12:03 AM   #1  
PlainJane1234

S/C/G: 180/180/135

Red face High School Student in need of weight loss guidance

Hi, I'm Sara and I stumbled across this site while trying to find ways that I could lose weight before I emerge as a high school graduate in two years. I'm a sophmore, and I'm pretty sure I'm younger than a lot of people here. However, I'd really appreciate it if someone could be my buddy and help me find the strength to lose fifty pounds before the end of the school year. Of course, I'd give as much motivation to that person as I could. Please, help.
PlainJane12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 08:52 AM   #2  
food fanatic

Hi Sara! I'm new here as well, but I'd love to help you out in anyway I can. Do you have any sort of weight loss plan?
JosiCuervo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 09:03 AM   #3  
Healthy Living

S/C/G: 150/150/125

Height: 5'5"

Welcome Sara Jane! I just started yesterday but I believe you can find a lot of support here. There are a variety of ages here and I know someone out there is 16 b/c I read a thread that said so. If I find her name again, I'll let you know. I recommend that you see your school nurse or family doctor to determine what a healthy weight is for you. Plus they can provide info on the best way to acheive that goal. Then read, read, read to educate yourself about healthy nutrition and exercise. There are a lot of "diets" out there that claim miracles but cannot deliver. It's great that you're interested while you're young enough to develop healthy habits for life! Good luck!
SSarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 05:51 PM   #4  

Smile I'm a high school student too!

Hey I'm a junior in high school and I would like to lose at least 50 lbs before graduation next year. I have no idea where to start either. I don't really wanna do a type of diet, but more of a healthy eating plan. I also need suggestions of what to do for exercise since it rains by me a lot.

SO i guess i need help too

~Shells
NotADaddysGirl89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 06:12 PM   #5  
Healthy Living

S/C/G: 150/150/125

Height: 5'5"

The other 16 y.o. is Silva. She started a thread the other day looking for a buddy. Why don't you ladies start a teen support group here?
SSarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 05:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/200

Height: 5'5

Hey sara! I am going to me a sophomore in high school in 5 days (when my freshman year ends, lol) I'm trying to lose weight so I can feel gorgeous on prom night. See, at our school, like 2 or so people from the sophomore class with the highest GPAs get to serve at the prom banquet, and if you serve at the banquet, you can go to prom. I have the 5th highest GPA in my class, out of 87, so I need to work on my grades as well as my weight.

If you'd like to contact me for any reason, if just for some encouragement, please feel free to do so.
cardsfan2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 10:42 AM   #7  
food fanatic

It's so great to see teenage girls taking control like this. I wish I could've done so when I was that age, but my priorities were rathr skewed.

More power to ya!
JosiCuervo is offline   Reply With Quote