Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-08-2006, 10:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 187/167/145-155

Default new from greece

hi,

glad to have joined! i found this forum from a pcos related website.

i have spent most of my life between healthy and unhealthy weight, but things turn more serious as you grow older! i was diagnosed pcos (polycystic ovarian syndrome) about 10 years ago while still married. recently i was also diagnosed diabetic and was put on glucophage for both diabetes and pcos.

i had lost about 25 pounds 2 years ago with fitday, some yoga and treadmill, then moved in with bf (you know the drill) and then mum had breast cancer so i just couldn't be bothered.

so i had gained most of the weight back.
started fitday again beginning of march. after a couple of weeks came the diagnosis for diabetes, so my eating plan changed a bit, even though i was already experimenting with a low glycemic diet. also have to eat every 3-4 hours max. i keep within a 1250-1300 calory range for now.

i have lost about 20 pounds (5.3 tall and 165 now) and i am aiming for another 15 till july maybe. considering my eating has changed for good, i am optimistic even more weight will come off slowly after that.

i am quite good about eating properly, and always cooked healthily, only cheating once a month or so, but my exercise is lacking... need motivation there...have the dvd's and the time most days...i am just lazy? i also have to make 1 1/2 house moves by october and need to keep organised and motivated.

i am happy to see the effort pays off as it did last time, up to then i always blamed my hormones or whatever for not losing weight when *dieting*, but in reality i did not know enough about the right way to eat. fitday is my best friend now... i aim for a 33-33-33 percentage intake,low saturated and hi fibre.i used to eat 45-50% carbs and 25-25 fat and protein but the diabetes needs lower carbs i think, even though everyone is different.

i am looking for support and motivation, and can offer the same back
i am in a stable but passionate relationship for nearly 8 years, i am a freelance interior designer, also create vintage jewelry and maintain a website, so i am online quite a bit, and always strive to maintain enough time and ease of mind to be functional and pleasant to those around me

sorry for the long intro, i am chatty
jessicaxmas68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 12:38 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Jessica, all the way from Greece! Welcome to 3FC.
It sounds as though you're making great strides towards a healthier lifestyle. Please post in a few different areas, and you'll meet lots of wonderfully supportive people.
I'm sorry about your Mom. I hope she's doing alright... ?
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote