Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-23-2006, 08:49 AM   #1  
lizzy007

S/C/G: 220/220/150

Default newbie looking for friends

Hi Everyone,

I will start by telling you a little about my self

My name is Liz I'm 32 and live in toronto now but I was born in Portugal . I have a wonderful DH we heve been together for 12yrs and married for 5ys and a sweet little girl Makayla who just turn 2 in MArch.

Finally i decided to get my act straight after a DARK VERY DARK 2 yrs. I always been very active played hockey and DH and I took all changes we had to do some outdoor activity in June of 2003 I got pregnant had a very healthy pregnancy i was very lucky i only gained 16lbs I was 161lbs the day i gave birth to Makayla. BUT my dark road started in Feb 25 a month before i gave birth my dad was diagnosed with colon cancer - was operated started treatment BUT then in June of 15 MY mom was also diagnosed with colon cancer her cancer had spread and only 4 months after being diagnosed she passed away on october 25. And i have been in shock eversince. My mom and I were verry close and NOW she is gone. So I started eating and eating everything in site. So NOw 18 months latter I need to do something about it. I have gained 60lbs in 18months due to depression

I NEED HELP and lots of it and the help i can get is appreciated. Will you please be my buddy...

Love Liz
lizzy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 10:16 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

I'm so sorry about your mom Lizzy! I hope your dad is doing better.

You have definitely come to the right place. This is a wonderful website for support.

I'm currently doing Weight Watchers and it works very well for me. Have you figured what your plan is going to be for losing weight? Counting calories, Weight Watchers, South Beach, etc, etc. There are SO mary way out there. But whatever you decide to do, you will certainly find a lot of support here. People here are wonderful. We're all struggling or have struggled with our weight so we all know what it's like.

BTW, my husband is Portuguese decendant, but he was born here in the US. He does have family in Canada, in Ontario. I also have one of my best friends in Ontario, I've been there a few times, and been to Toronto too. It's a beautiful place.

Anything you need, just ask. We're all here for each other. Best of luck to you! WE CAN DO IT!!!
friendlykat4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 10:37 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi Liz.

I'm sorry for all you have been through. I can relate as my wonderful Mom died last fall at the age of 89! I was blessed to have her and my stepdad (who is 90) for a lot of years but I still miss her very much!

You've come to the right place for support and encouragement. Welcome!! Together we can do this!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 10:50 AM   #4  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Welcome Liz, very sorry to hear about your parents. I know this has to be just terrible for you. I am glad you are joining in here, there is a lot of support and wonderful people here. Good luck with your weight loss journey.My parents are both deceased now, and it was super hard for me too. I am on the Atkins plan, so let me know if I can be of any assistance for you.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 01:31 PM   #5  
Aleecia

Welcome Liz,
So sorry to hear about your mom. I can say that I would be truly lost without my mom and I know this must be very hard.
I am glad you have joined here. You will find a tremendous amount of support and motivation from everyone.

Good Luck on your weight loss journey.

Leec
Angel33 is offline   Reply With Quote