Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-12-2006, 07:05 PM   #1  

Default A quick intro

Hi my name is Selena and I am a newbie to the boards. I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself to everyone.

I am 27, married for almost 2 years, live in WV, and I am a fat chick.

I have struggled with weight pretty much my entire life and when I finally thought I had won the battle I found out the battle was just starting.

I went through a transformation in 7th grade where I lost about 80lbs and then i kept it off for over two years. Then my father passed away in 1994 when I was in the 10th grade and I fell very fast into depression and of course eating for comfort. I soon put all the weight back on.

I have since yo-yoed up and down and have never really felt comfortable in my own skin. I did meet my husband almost 6 years ago when I was about 30lbs lighter, but the comfort of a relationship caught me off guard and I quickly put the 30lbs back on in no time at all.

Me and my dear husband are doing a sort of modified diet deal of ours that uses the basic concept of the WW Points system. Today is day one and I have to say so far so good.

Thanks for listening and I hope to meet many new people on my journey to regaining my health.
Aneles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 07:10 PM   #2  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Red face Hello

Hi Selena! I'm from WV too (north/central). Welcome! Welcome! Welcome! You'll love this site. It's the best. Cruise around the fourms (and journals too) and I bet you'll find a group of chicks you'll feel perfectly content to settle in with. I don't know where I'd be without 3FC. Best of luck to you in your journey.

Mary AKA/Hotcupojava
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 07:18 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Hi Selena (by the way, I love that name)! I think it's fantastic that you and your husband are doing this together. Not only is it a great bonding experience, but you'll have a built-in support system. Between him and this forum, I just know you'll do great!
maegdaeien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 07:23 PM   #4  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi Selena, welcome aboard. You will find a lot of caring and supportive people in this room. Congrat's on getting started, that is always a major step. Good luck in the journey, we're all in this together .
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 08:08 PM   #5  

Default hi

this a great web site to come to for inspiration!
toofatforu2 is offline   Reply With Quote