Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-05-2006, 06:03 PM   #1  

Height: 5'10"

Default Newber!

Hello, I am Dominique... I live in the UK and I am 25 and very new. 2 years ago I lost 2 stone (28lb) and then I stopped and maintained for about 18 months and I felt like it was time to finish the job, as it were... so about 2 months ago I re-started and have lost another stone and a half (21lb). I am 5'10" tall if that makes any difference. I have been doing well until today and I suppose I have been feeling a bit down... basically my old scale broke and my new scale seems to weigh me a 4lb heavier, hence making me feel like I have undone my good work of the last few weeks, which I know is silly... but sometimes even when you know you are being silly it doesn't make things easier, so I cried about it.

I am trying to be less scale motivated! I suppose I need diet support now... I have done this pretty much alone until now. I am eating 1,200 healthy (whole grains, lean meat and lots of fruit and veggies) calories per day, but I don't count veggies (because I don't like them very much and if I had to count them I would swap them for nicer things) so my final count is probably nearer 1,400 cals a day. I do 30 minutes of advance Tae Bo and 30 minutes brisk walking a day. I feel like I am still as big as I was before... but photos suggest otherwise:

At my highest weight (I used to hate having my pic taken):
Blurry Face:

Bodyish:

Now 50lb down:
Face:

Body (taken today):

I think I can see a difference... most people (apart from my family) didn't know me at my highest weight and don't know how much I have struggled with my weight and weightloss... people generally haven't noticed or haven't commented!

This time I am going to do it, I am absolutely determined!
Malinki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 07:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 174/164/140

Height: 5'5

Dont get to hung up on that scale thing, I think theres some strange bizzaro world rule that every scale must weigh you differently Anyways I can definitly tell a difference.. you look great, congrats on your weight loss and dont give up keep going you can do it Oh and welcome to the site you'll get all the support you need and then some
Lady Jackyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 08:44 PM   #3  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Height: 5'2"

I can definately tell a difference. One thing I really like about this site is the little sliders. I have only lost 17 pounds so you cant see a physical difference in me but when I look at my signature and that slider shows that I have made progress it makes me want to work harder to get it to the end.
RRVMMM is offline   Reply With Quote