Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-07-2006, 10:19 AM   #16  
Green Tea?! Yum!

S/C/G: 192/160/125-130

Height: 5 feet 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaOfColumbia
We get a kind of capsule available at Sam's that has what's called an enteric coating over the gel capsule. It really works well in preventing fish burps.

Eating fish that often is too scary for me. Mercury levels in most fish are too high to be eating them that frequently. Or so I've heard, anyway
Interesting, I might see if I can find the coated ones. I've lived along the Gulf of Mexico all my life, so NOT eating fish seems scary to me
pikato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 10:37 AM   #17  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, mine was hight too and I went on meds to bring it down. I am off the meds and controlling it now with Metamucil once a day, ground flax seed and salmon oil and garlic capsules.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 10:48 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I've had 1 tbsp of psyilluim fiber, three days in a row. The first day I was pretty gassy and not impressed. But apparently that wears off. I'm fine today.
I even sprinkled it on my fruit (for fruit, cottage cheese and yogurt) and it didn't make much difference.
If it does what it's supposed to for cholesterol ... it's certainly easy to incorporate into your diet.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 06:44 AM   #19  
Doin' it this time

S/C/G: 208.8/208.8/145

Thank you all for the info.

I have made many changes over the weekend and have actually lost a few pds in the process. I have cut out the pepsi, don't think that does anything for my cholesteral but I figure if I am going to eat more healthy that is the place to start. My munching is now with low fat granola, whole wheat pastas, and omega bread..I haven't got in any exercise but it was a extremely busy weekend so I plan to walk twice today, once at lunch and once after work.

Thank you all for your help it is great
Hockeychic is offline   Reply With Quote