Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-03-2006, 10:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 155/149/130

Default help me please.

i have a qeustion...why does my weight fluctuate through out the day? in the morning when i weigh myself(naked) i am a certain wieght, but then when i weigh myself again later that day(again, naked) there is a huge gain. like 4 lbs sometimes! how is this possible? am i really eating 4 lbs of food in betweeen my weigh ins? and which weight do i actually post? i want to start a journal and post my wieht goals, but i dont know what my actual starting weight would be since it is differant everytime...could it be retaining water? im not on my period, not even close to it...
sheilamarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 11:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 174/164/140

Height: 5'5

Same thing happens to me your not alone. Your body will retain water throughout the day, it also has a lot to do with your sodium intake, also food will make your weight flucuate. You will usually weigh your lightest in the morning when you body has been "fasting" throughout the night. Hope this helps you out.
Lady Jackyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 11:10 AM   #3  

so when i post my weight, do i post whatever i weigh in the morning? is that my actual wieght?
Old 04-03-2006, 11:11 AM   #4  
Jaded Lady & Mom of 2

S/C/G: 242/242/160

Height: 5'6"

Happens to me too -- very frustrating -- so I try to just stick with the weigh in 1st thing in the am. However it drives me crazy because by the time I go for my actual weekly "weigh in" I am 3-4 lbs heavier than I was when I first got up
Cafe Ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 11:11 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7''

Why are you weighing yourself several times a day? I find it can be disheartening...Try to do this once a week....choose the same time of day and wear the same amount of clothes each time. It’s normal for weight to fluctuate by a couple of pounds (up or down) daily or even at different times in the same day, due to fluid shifts or how much you’ve recently eaten, drunk, perspired, or gone to the bathroom.
finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 11:18 AM   #6  

i know i shouldnt weigh my self several times a day but i guess i just get curious to see if i am losing or gaining, if i see myself gaining then it makes me feel like i should be doing something differant, and i f i see that i am losing than it makes me feel like i am doing something right..i guess i feel like i need the validation or motivation... its a mental think i guess? if i wait a whole week to weigh in and i have gained then i feel like had i known i was gaining earlier on then i could have done something differantly to prevent it.. does that make any sence?
Old 04-03-2006, 11:27 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7''

Yeah it does make sense BUT...this is what I used to do...

I'd make say Monday the start of my week, I'd weigh myself daily and do great until say wednesday...then have some cake or a takeaway or even just see extra weight on the scales and just give up...then eat what I wanted until the next Monday rolled around. it was a viscous cycle for me. I find now that I just keep it to once a week and just do my best in-between. It's not right for everyone, but its right for me.
finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 11:32 AM   #8  

thanks for the advice, finn...i will try to see if that works for me..so today is monday. i will TRY not to weigh in again till next monday....wish me luck!
Old 04-03-2006, 04:02 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 217/187/135

I know sheilamarie I have the same problem . I always want to see how I'm doing so I check my weight more than once a week too. It is hard not to do.
tammijo is offline   Reply With Quote