Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-01-2006, 01:38 AM   #1  
One day at a time...

Red face 23F w/75lb to lose seeks buddy

Hi All-

I am not new to 3FC, however I fell off the wagon after a Christmas Vacation. I am 23, have been with my boyfriend for 4+ years and work for an investment bank (=long, long hours). I realized today that there are no large girls in charge at my firm and although we would all like corporate America to accept people of all sizes, the reality is they don't. So if you can't beat em join em!

My current plan: I eat between 1200-1800 calories a day depending on my workout for that day. I work out every day for a min of 45 minutes but most days I get more. My pitfall is food; I tend to snack late in the evening while catching up on work or studying.

I am seeking a buddy to keep me motivated and who needs a kick in the butt themselves. I prefer to email daily or I could IM on AOL or YAHOO, whatever works but the key is to communicate often and keep each other accountable.

Hope to talk to you soon Chickadees!
April_Showers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 02:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: See tracker

Height: 5'5"

Hey April! I'm 24F, had about 110.8 lbs to lose, lost about 40 and have about 70 lbs left!. I do about 1 session of cardio 5 times a week with some abs and weight training, also planning to add some strech/yoga sessions. I've just started a new challenge for April to exercise for 1590 minutes. I'm a helpdesk assistant and work from 8 am to 4 pm none stop so I have to eat at my desk.
I'm on WW and diagnosed with PCOS.
I'd love to be your buddy if you're interested, email or msn would be great, let me know
JigglyBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 09:59 PM   #3  

Hello April and Emma, I'm a 22F, who's also interested in losing a lot of weight. To be honest I need to lose about 100 pounds. Currently I weight about 240 and I need to come down to about 140. For the past 3 and 1/2 years I've been trying to lose this weight. I strongly believe that once I lose the weight, things will improve in my personal life. Unfortunately I'm a serious emotional eater and I need to learn how to express how I feel more vocally, rather than eating my emotions. Now I am on a budget after spending loads of money on LA Weight Loss and LA Fitness. So I decided to buy workout series off the tv. The one I'm currently trying is Turbo Jam. I've been doing it for about a week or so. I love the workout, it's fun but, I'm not sure if I'm losing anything. Even though I've done a lot of research on calorie intake, I'm still a bit lost. I've been eating a lot of fruits and vegetables but, I'm not sure about the portion size. I'm considering trying Lean Cuisine for a while until I learn how to control my portion size. Any way! I hope to lose as much weight as I can in the next 3 months. Yes, I would love to support you with your weight loss goals. I believe all of us can complete our goals.

Sincerely,
DD (Dee Dee or Star*)
Starlet01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 02:56 PM   #4  
One day at a time...

Hi DD-

I've been wondering about Turbo Jam, how do you like it? Are the moves difficult?

I think a economical way of observing portion sizes is just writing it down or putting in it fitday, then you can get an idea of how 4oz of steak will affect vs 8oz in terms of fat and calories. I like lean cusine alot but I am on a strick budget for 06 so I can go to Italy for a month next year. I try to make my own "lean cusine" meals at a cheaper price buy using frozen veggies when I can and buying fish and chicken in bulk, usually I can get away with about a 1 a day for lunch as apposed to the 7 dollars I was paying at my firms cafeteria.

In 3 months I am heading to Mexico (I am a vacation junkie!) so maybe we all can challange each other to stay on point. Any suggestions?
Old 04-02-2006, 03:08 PM   #5  
Fat chick to Fit chick

Hi! I'm 29 and holding!!!!!!!!! I turn the big 3-0 in August and this has really motivated me to lose weight! I start the 3 hour diet tomorrow, and exercise in the evening now since the time has changed, I am able to walk and I am going to start my Gazelle again! My mini goal is 10 pounds by April 16 (Easter) and 50 pounds by my birthday!!!!! I need help here guys!!!!! Thanks! J
tooblessed2Bstressed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 03:42 AM   #6  

Welcome DD and Tooblessed!!
DD: I agree with April, I think you need to start keeping a food journal of some sort. Write down everything that you eat. And then start adding some workouts. I personally keep a journal on the Weight Watcher's website. I log every single bite and move
To keep portions controlled you need to measure things at first, don't estimate because that doesn't work. I suggest you invest in a good food scale and measuring cups, I have a digital one and when in doubt I measure it. Also keep everything pre-portioned so that you don't get tempted to finish the whole package so for example, portion cookie sleeves and bags of chips into zip lock bags or containers and store them...etc
Always get low fat / none fat products. Always buy wholemeal bread not white. Trim off all visible fat from meat. Grill, don't fry! Drink 6-8 glasses of water per day.You probably need about 2700 cals per day, cut down 500 so around 2200 cals.
Try to challenge yourself. eg. stick to 3 workouts a week, stick to 2200 cals a day and then reward youself and the end of the month/week! I do it and it works Whenever I get the urge to munch I think of that pair of shoes I'm rewarding myself with if I lose those 2 lbs.

I hope this helps, don't hesitate to PM me if you need anything.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:47 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7''

Hi everyone.
I'm Finn and am also new to 3FC's. I thinks its a pretty cool site and am hoping to get so involved that I don't lose focus.

I've tried half-heartedly a few times to lose weight before but my heart was never fully in it and just gave up. This time is different though! I'm so determined! Actually I find it amazing - I joined a yoga class and a swimming class probably 6 weeks ago and now find that I actually 'miss' going to the pool if I give it a break for this night...thats definitely a win for me!

Oh well, got to get back to work now :-) talk soon!
finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 07:48 AM   #8  

Welcome finn!! Stick around and inform us of your progress. This is the most supportive site on the net I've ever came across, with the support you get here I'm sure you will get to your goal. good luck!!
Old 04-04-2006, 08:30 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7''

ONEDERLAND - I love it! I think I'm going to adopt your goal too :-)
finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 07:37 PM   #10  

hey im all about getting as much help and suport as i can get. im 24F and need to los about 60lbs. dont get a whole lot of support from the people around me so i need to get it some were. leave me a message
pookaUPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 02:21 AM   #11  

Welcome Pooka, thats what this forum is all about, SUPPORT! you'll find lots of it here, browse through the whole forum and post comments, you'll always get feedback
Old 04-05-2006, 06:50 PM   #12  

Hi Everyone,

I discovered these boards back in January and definitely had good intentions, however, I just wasn't 100% committed emotionally. Now I am determined to do this and not lose my focus.

I know myself and I know that I have a tendancy to give up to easily when I'm not getting the results I want. So, I hope to find the support I need here, and in return I'd love to be a source of motovation for all of you.

Who's w/ me??
Chanty1483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 07:47 PM   #13  
One day at a time...

Welcome Chanty!!

I with you! We are all here to support you!

Just wondering for all of you ladies, is there anything specifically that is pushing you to lose weight?

Take care!
Old 04-05-2006, 08:47 PM   #14  

Thank April!

I personally want to lose weight to feel better about myself. I've always had a few extra lbs. on me, but it always complimented my body. Over the past 4 years (ever since my husband and I have been together) I've managed to gain about 45 lbs, I think it's because I'm am happy and comfortable, too comfortable. Now, I'm ready to change. I want to feel as attractive as I did when I met my husband. Not to mention the fact that I really want to start a family soon, but I don't want to do that until I am at a healthy weight.

Those are my reasons, and I'm sure I'm not the only one in this boat.

I don't have one of those neat little weight loss tracker things, but I am currently 5'8" and 230 lbs. I would like to get to about 160 lbs.

This is literally the beginning of my journey, I started Monday. I've been eating 3 good meals a day and two healthy snacks, both yesterday and today I went for 2 mile brisk walks.

That's my story...and I would like to thank you all in advance for the support.
Chanty1483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 10:30 PM   #15  

Hello

I'm glad to be back here, to be honest my reality sucks. You ladies are so nice and understanding. It's wonderful to be around other women who are serious about making a positive change in their lives. It's not easy trying to lose loads of weight by yourself. I want to lose a lot of this weight by August. Actually I want to lose half (50 pounds) the weight. I truly believe that all of us will achieve our goals by supporting one another.

Chanty:
I support you are well with your short and long term weight lose goals.

April:
I love doing Turbo Jam, it keeps me interested. The music is exciting and the aerobic routine is a lot of fun. Even though the past 5 days I haven't done the workout, due to my time of the month. I plan on starting up again on Saturday. Can't wait to g from a size 22 to a 12.

Emma:
Thank you so much for your helpful advice. Can't wait for things to change for the better.
Starlet01 is offline   Reply With Quote