Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-06-2006, 12:24 PM   #16  

Hey Y'all,

I'm new here too. I'm 25 and work for a pharmaceutical company. I have a zillion pounds to lose but I think I'm doing well so far. I joined weight watchers 3wks ago and have been doing my best to frequent the gym since the begining of March. I discovered this site about a week ago and I've read about every post... okay, well not really but it's extremely motivating to know there are a whole lotta people on the same journey. And oh yea.. Tyson keeps me motivated as well.
BigBootyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 03:58 PM   #17  
*Smooches*

Default Hi All...New Fat Chick Here

Hey Everyone,

I just joined today and I am already encouraged and excited by the site. The postings in this thread have already sought to give me support. I am 22 and over weight. I was never skinny but when I was younger I was very curvy, began to develop at a really young age. There was this one point in my life when I was very healthy, exercising, not eating junk and I loved how I looked and then it all ended with these important exams I had to do coming down to the end of high school (I follow the British education system). Since then I don't think I ever completely lost the weight I put on. My weight has been like a yo-yo and it totally depresses me many times.

I'm now a Jr. in university in the states and I'm fed up of being over weight. I feel as if I'm missing out on life because of my discomfort with my body. I can't even begin to share with you how many times I've said "Well I'll do this/that when I loose some weight". Even how I dress is dictated by my weight.

I have decided that I want to finally loose the weight once and for all by next year February. My best friend (who is a skinny Minnie) and I are planning to go back home for Carnival and I intend to be able to wear the tiny shorts and skirts that I've always yearned to by then. It's hard to stay in shape here at university as I'm in the middle of no where in the south and the cafe food totally sucks and is extremely fattening. I'm on a scholarship so money is tight and there is absolutely no cooking allowed in the dorms. I think I've been using those issues as crutches not to loose the weight so I finally began last night.

I previously purchased an at home exercise program "the firm" and started using it for the first time. I hope I don't fall off the wagon as I think I have lost all the self control I once had..I'm soo weak when it comes to food now. Anyway.... I just wanted to share my story and lend support to anyone I can ...Cause I know I certainly need some help to keep on track.

Good Luck to everyone with your journey!
DaniDido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 04:47 PM   #18  

DaniDido:

Welcome!!!! These boards are absolutely fabulous, and if you're ready to make the change, this is the place to find amazing support.

I, can completely understand where you are coming from. I am 23 yrs. old, although I am no longer in school, I struggle with the same issues as you. I don't know how much weight you have to lose, but I have to lose about 75 lbs. Just like you, I was healthy when I was younger, I always had a few extra pounds, but it looked good on me. Now, I don't even like going shopping for clothes, it's too upsetting. I try to find things to hide my body, and that isn't who I am. You are not alone in this, that's for sure.

If you ever want to talk or email, u just let me know.

When I read your post, it was like I was reading my own writing.

Take care, and good luck with your weight loss. We all know you can do it!!

Last edited by Chanty1483; 04-06-2006 at 04:55 PM.
Chanty1483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 12:21 AM   #19  
One day at a time...

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanty1483
I personally want to lose weight to feel better about myself. I've always had a few extra lbs. on me, but it always complimented my body. Over the past 4 years (ever since my husband and I have been together) I've managed to gain about 45 lbs, I think it's because I'm am happy and comfortable, too comfortable. Now, I'm ready to change. I want to feel as attractive as I did when I met my husband. Not to mention the fact that I really want to start a family soon, but I don't want to do that until I am at a healthy weight.

Those are my reasons, and I'm sure I'm not the only one in this boat.
Chanty- You hit it on the nail for me right there. My boyfriend and I started dated in Feb of 02 and between then and now I've been the happiest in my entire life, however, I gained 60lb. I am sure the college days of crappy food helped too. BTW, you look absolutely stunning in your dress.

Welcome Pooka, BigbootyB, and Danidido!
April_Showers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 01:13 AM   #20  
South Beach or Bust!

S/C/G: 270/248/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Count me in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by April_Showers
Just wondering for all of you ladies, is there anything specifically that is pushing you to lose weight?

Take care!
Hi ladies! I am new to this site as well but I really like what I have seen here so far.

I am a 34 year old mother of 2 and wife of 13 years. Robert and I have been together for 18 years though - we got together in my "skinny" days in high school. When we met, I was a size 10. I was always "thick" but I was very athletic in school and the "thick" was all muscle. After high school I slacked off and started picking up weight. Having kids 16 months apart didn't help my weight any. In fact, I never really lost the "baby weight".

Over the years, I have yo-yo'd up and down trying different fad diets to get the weight off but I always seemed to pick the weight back up and then some. Two years ago, we started the South Beach Diet together as a family - my oldest son (who is 12 now) was told that he needed to lose weight by our family doctor. Actually, we were all told to do it but it was really emphasized for my son. We did really good during the summer and each lost at least 40lbs - I lost 46. Sending the kids back to school that following August really messed us up though. They can't snack during the day at school and would fall to pieces if I fed them strictly South Beach style. Frustrated, we gave up. And all the weight came back with a vengeance.

Then, last November, I started experiencing some really bad female problems. Some days were worse than others, but I couldn't afford to go to the doctor as we are now self-employed full-time and have no insurance on us adults. I finally broke down and went in February though. I can already imagine that some of you are shaking your heads right about now, but money makes a difference sometimes. Sad but true. Anyway, the doctor told me that I am about 116lbs overweight. Losing the weight would correct the female problems and put them behind me permanently. He wanted me to go on a diet - South Beach was his preference - but said to wait a month before doing so. He said to spend the month psyching myself up to really stick it out this time. He wants me to lose at least 75lbs but I told him that I am taking on a goal of 110lbs. I have wanted to get rid of this extra person that I am carrying around for the longest time and these medical issues finally made me face it straight on and deal with it.

I finally started back on South Beach on March 21. Robert and I are doing it together actually. My kids eat the same things that we do but I usually add a little macaroni or something to their plates as well to make sure they get full enough. Both boys are thinning down a little and enjoying it. I have already lost 15 pounds as well and I am ecstatic!

Last week, we found out about a program at the local YMCA that makes it affordable for us to work out in the gym too and we now spend at least 3 days a week there. Talking to the trainer there, I now have a 30 min. cardio program and a 30 min. strength training circuit to follow for every workout. I am sore as **** but loving every minute of it.

I would love the oppportunity to buddy up with any of you that are looking for someone to cheer you on. It really helps having my husband here to cheer me on but having another female out there to talk to sometimes, someone who is going through this too, would really be nice. Feel free to PM or email to me anytime.

Kathi
KatiePhotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 10:10 AM   #21  

April Showers:

I knew I wasn't the only one!! Let me guess, you're b/f spoils you too? Takes you out for dinner, etc? That's exactly what happened w/ me and my DH. We went out all the time, ordered in, I was completely spoiled. Naturally I gained the weight. The truth is, it's an easy thing to happen when you are so comfortable and happy w/ the person you're with.

We'll do it together!!

Thanks btw, I absolutely loved my wedding dress, I was at my heaviest on my wedding day...235 lbs, however, I can honestly say, I felt great!

Chantal
Old 04-08-2006, 08:02 PM   #22  
One day at a time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanty1483
April Showers:

I knew I wasn't the only one!! Let me guess, you're b/f spoils you too? Takes you out for dinner, etc? That's exactly what happened w/ me and my DH. We went out all the time, ordered in, I was completely spoiled. Naturally I gained the weight. The truth is, it's an easy thing to happen when you are so comfortable and happy w/ the person you're with.

We'll do it together!!

Thanks btw, I absolutely loved my wedding dress, I was at my heaviest on my wedding day...235 lbs, however, I can honestly say, I felt great!

Chantal
Chantal-
Oh yes he does. We use to go out to dinner countless times a week, and we'd always go places with good desserts.

You look happy in that picture, and at the end of the day, as much as we let our weight dictate parts of our lives, what really matters is the ones we love. (Mushy but true!)

Are any of you ladies up for a challange? It's roughly 12 weeks until the 4th of July. Any suggestions??

Take care all and stay healthy!!
April_Showers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 08:28 PM   #23  
Lesley Autumn

S/C/G: 161.1/151.7/110

Hey girls!

I'm new to this site too I'm 20F and a college student (one more semester after this one, woo) and I've had problems with my weight since puberty (before then, I was skinny as a rake, since then, I've only added to the puberty chubbiness) but this year I decided that it just wouldn't do anymore. In the midst of making many, many life changes all at once, I decided I was plain tired of feeling terrible about myself, feeling to fat and shy to even look guys in the eye, tired of being the funny saracastic girl to make up for my flabbiness. I want to be on the outside who I feel like on the inside. So far, I've lost 21 lbs by counting calories (no real plan, just as few calories as I can manage) but recently I added cardio, pilates, and strength training in to boost my weight loss (which has plateaued). So I'm in the frustrating phase of weight loss but at least I found this great site! I'd love to buddy up with you girls, I'm on a lot (here, AIM, MSN, etc) and I'd love to support people too.

- Les
lesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 10:14 PM   #24  

DaniDido:
Hello and welcome to the 3FC board. Even though I'm currently doing Turbo Jam, I also have Slim In Six and The Firm exercise series. The Firm is a great workout series. My only problem with it was stepping up on the step because it hurt my knees. If you have sensitives knees or joint pain, you shouldn't do The Firm. At least not the part when you step up on the step. I do wish you well towards achieving your weight lost goals.

Emotional Eater:
I have a tough time expressing my true emotions. Instead of talking about how I feel, a lot of times I tend to binge eat. So I decided to start eating Lean Cuisine. It's a great way to learn about portion control.

My emotional eating isn't because of going to College. In fact I didn't go to College due to having a serious break down right after graduating high school. Over the past few years I've decided that right now College is not my top priority. Someday I would love to go to College but, not right now.

My up bringing wasn't a positive one in the least. Unfortunately I was very much sheltered from the world. My parents are very egocentric set of people. Even though their marriage ended over 15 - 17 years ago, they still manage to fight over absolutely nothing. It's has been very difficult being their daughter over the years. Let's just say our life style was more like the War Of The Roses. It's been a long journey learning to forgive my parents for taking me for granted. They loved feuding and fighting in court. In fact I believe they relished every moment of it. Even though I have learned to forgive them, and continue to love them, I no longer trust them.

After some deep soul searching I realize that I need more life experiences. So I've decided to move to California over the Summer with my sister. Hopefully this will be the beginning of me finding closure within myself.
Starlet01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 11:17 AM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by April_Showers
Chantal-
Oh yes he does. We use to go out to dinner countless times a week, and we'd always go places with good desserts.

You look happy in that picture, and at the end of the day, as much as we let our weight dictate parts of our lives, what really matters is the ones we love. (Mushy but true!)

Are any of you ladies up for a challange? It's roughly 12 weeks until the 4th of July. Any suggestions??

Take care all and stay healthy!!
I knew it!! It's hard to maintain a healthy lifestyle when you have a man that just wants to show you all the sweet things in life (literally.)

I just noticed that you and I are the same point in our weight loss, about 8 lbs...I don't know about you, but I think that's a great start.

I absolutely agree (mushy or not) when it comes down to it, w/o the love and support of family and friends, we don't have much.

So lets just keep moving forward and we'll make it there.

As far as a 12 week challenge, I'm open to any suggestions. Unfortunately, I don't have any of my own at this time, I'll look into and report back.
Old 04-09-2006, 11:18 AM   #26  

Lesel and Starlet!
Old 04-09-2006, 11:28 AM   #27  

Hi Everyone,

I have a confession for Sunday April 9th....I was not very good this weekend!

Friday night I drank a ridiculous amount of wine, which led to a ridiculous hangover that I felt could only be cured by a whopper...yes, I caved!!

I am so incredibly disappointed in myself, I feel like I've just tainted my whole healthy eating plan. I've only lost 8 lbs. so far, but I was pleased w/ myself for doing so, now I feel like I've just gained it all back along w/ a very heavy conscience....I don't know how to get over myself here. I mean, how do you ladies deal w/ this? I know I'm not the only one to "fall off the wagon" but I'm just wondering if there are any strategies that you use to help you through it.

I can't believe myself!
Old 04-09-2006, 01:22 PM   #28  
Lesley Autumn

S/C/G: 161.1/151.7/110

Chanty - As lame as it sounds, you just have to remember that we're all human, the question isn't if we're going to slip, it's WHEN. They don't call dieting an uphill struggle for nothing, you know? I know it feels terrible to cave and then have to deal with the aftermath that you're breaking your own rules, but the true test in all of this isn't how many times you break, cave, or fail... the true test of you and your strength is how many times you pull yourself up. Yeah, you caved, but you can go two ways with it. You can let that guilt make you feel terrible and overshadow all the great work you've done (8lbs!) or you can use this slip up as motivation to work harder at the healthy eating plan that you have. Next time you want a Whopper or anything else, remember how you feel right now and I bet you it won't happen again Nothing I have to say is brilliant or all that comforting, but I guess what I'm saying is don't be so hard on yourself, but also learn from what happened and remember that we're all here to support you

By the way, you do look so pretty in that wedding dress, congrats!
lesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 01:42 PM   #29  

Lesel: Thank you very much! I really did love my gown!

What you said is not lame, it's just the truth. I know I can't get down on myself for slipping as it is bound to happen from time to time, it's just the feeling of being defeated by myself that sucks.

Your advice is great. Next time I feel like giving in, I will definitely remember how I'm feeling today! Thank you so much...it's a simple answer, and I don't think I'd have come up w/ it for myself. Funny how we are able to provide excellent advice to others, but when it comes down to following it, it's hard to do!

Thanks again!
Old 04-09-2006, 04:13 PM   #30  
*Smooches*

Hey Chanty,

I'm sorry to hear about your lil slip but I totally agree with Lesel.. don't focus so much on that slip think about how far you have come. Even though you feel as if you have tainted your entire healthy eating plan, that's soo far from the truth. What I'd say is use your lil indiscretion as fodder to encourage you for this coming week. Every time you feel as if you may not want to exercise or you crave something totally fattening just think "Okay I have to make up for Sunday". When I do that it not only helps me not to get too down in the dumps but it prevents me from wanting to cheat again(too much extra work to make up for it!) lol.

Oh and Chanty just in case you have a hangover again and want something to eat to kinda "sop up" the alcohol some healthy alternatives that usually work for me are bananas or yoghurt or a glass of orange juice or even some popcorn (butter less type of course).

Hope that helped a little. Have a great week!
DaniDido is offline   Reply With Quote