Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-18-2006, 08:00 PM   #1  

Smile Hi Everyone!

Hello all! My name is Shannon. I’ve been married for almost 10 years and I have 3 cats (or really hairy kids…lol). My goal is to lose 30 pounds. I am going to do this slowly, by introducing lifestyle changes. My first steps are to stop getting up in the middle of the night for a bowl of cereal, eat more fruit, eat smaller portions, and eat Jell-O for my sweet snack instead of a chocolate bar a day. Exercise will be introduced sometime down the road…lol. One step at a time for me! I wish everyone here the best of luck in their weight loss goals.

Last edited by wannabskinny; 03-18-2006 at 08:59 PM.
wannabskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 10:02 PM   #2  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi Wannabe! Glad you found your way here. Sounds like you are off to a great start!!! And it is wise to not try to do everything all at once and become overwhelmed.

Look forward to hearing more from you.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 11:18 PM   #3  
Soon2BFit

S/C/G: 246.2/See Ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Shannon

You've come to the right place and it appears you have already started to make great lifestyle changes. I'm sure you'll find much support here.

Best Wishes
Denise
GR8 2B48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 11:49 AM   #4  

Hi Shannon,
It sounds like you're being very smart about the changes you're making. I started in January doing about the same thing - just working on eating healthier. It has really snowballed and made it easier to add new changes. I applaud you for your good attitude and commitment. It will get you far. Good luck on your journey.
shantel
shantel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 03:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 255.8/228.4/150

Hi, sounds like you have some good changes in mind. Ya know that makes me think, I have lots of jello at home that needs made. Maybe that will be my goal this week. Jello for snacking
mommy2twins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 03:58 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Hi Shannon! I'm glad you're committing to improving yourself-- after all, you need to stay strong for your kids. And I agree with what others are saying, that your plan is very wise and sounds totally do-able. Good luck, and I can't wait to hear all about your successes!
maegdaeien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 04:00 PM   #7  

Smile

Thanks for the wonderful welcomes. I really appreciate the encouragement! I'm going grocery shopping today. Hoping to make some wise decisions on my purchases. And of course, don't go to the grocery store hungry...lol. Oh....and what's your favorite Jell-O? Mine's cherry! Have a great day my new forum friends!
wannabskinny is offline   Reply With Quote