Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-04-2006, 12:50 AM   #1  

Smile New and would like a buddy!

I am new at all this...the computer, the forum and asking for help!! I will be 52 in 14 days and need to lose weight for my health!! God that sounds bad...Anyway, I have five grown children and five grandchildren and I am prediabetic and have been told to get some weight off or I will be on medications for the rest of my life. I have been trying to count calories and need to have someone to keep me honest. I joined weight watchers at two different times but I live in a small town and there is only one meeting a week and my work schedule won't allow me to go. I would love to meet someone who needs a buddy!
tecklaeleson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 12:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 158/147/120

hi, everyone
iI'm a 1st yr student in Nursing and have been over weight as long as i can remember from 10 pounds too now my highest of35 pounds overweight. I'm trying to excerise and eat right, but having troble with motiviation in the evenings and when i'm alone.
looking for some inspiration.
flab-u-less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 07:44 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome to both of you!
I hope you'll post in a few other areas of the forum... there are so many helpful people here, and some wonderful relationships have been formed online.
I wish you both the very best.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 08:40 AM   #4  

Height: 5'1"

Default Hi,

Hi, I totally understand where you're comming from. I'm over 50 also, and am losing weight (for the millionth time) for a number of reasons. One of the most important is my health. I want to avoid the pills also. I'm an RN and i see the results of weight gain every day. I think us over 50 gals have unique problems. We just don't lose as quickly as we did. But, it can be done and we will do it. We have a great forum over in the support groups, called "anyone over 50 still trying.... Come over and join us. A great bunch of people, and very supportive. If you would like a more one-to-one contact you can e-mail me. You can do this and you don't have to do it alone!
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 10:14 AM   #5  

I am so lost in this thread thing. I hope that this message gets to you! I don't know whether to respond to the thread or do this quick message so here goes. I will check out the over 50 thing--I have probably looked at it and then couldn't find it again. I would like to find a place to share weigh ins, recipes etc. I think that my skinny husband is sick of hearing about all this!!!
Old 03-04-2006, 10:18 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

You're doing just fine. You can also pm someone if you need a little help. Heck, we'll help you with all kinds of things.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 03:19 PM   #7  
300+ Chick

Welcome.. Good luck with your weight loss efforts..You can do it!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 03:23 PM   #8  

Thanks SusanB!! So are all of you on the other site or do you stay on this one or what? I can't figure out how you keep up with someone changing the thread. I have seen places that I wanted to get to and after I found then once, I could never find them again. I guess that I will have to start writing it down or something. how are you losing? You must be doing great since you have already lost 31 pounds!! I would be so excited if I were you. Keep up the good work!!
Old 03-04-2006, 03:27 PM   #9  

Hi Flab u less!! I love that catchy name! I know what you mean about the eating at night thing. I try to leave myself one snack at night and I look forward to having it sometime before 8:00pm. I have heard over and over again that eating after 8 is bad. I like popcorn because it is crunchy and takes time to eat. I also chew gum a lot since my mouth seems to get lonely. I think that it has been a habit for me because I used to smoke and i was always trying to have something sweet to take away the taste.
Old 03-04-2006, 03:36 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

tecklaeleson ... if you go to the left there and click on your own name, you'll get a drop down menu. You can click on 'find more posts by ...' It'll give you a list of places you've already posted to see what else has happened since.
You can also subscribe to threads .... like a daily exercise one or just chatty ones, that you'll expect to return to.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 11:49 PM   #11  

hey i'm also new at this. i just feel if i have someone else in my corner i can do it .most times i feel alone. i have my family but not needing to lose weight it is hard to explain how hard of a time i have trying to lose weight with out a friend to support and understand your struggle just to get dressed some days and go out feeling how i feel.i belong to curves but i have to force myself to go some days.do you know what i'm saying.i just need a friend to struggle with me who i can help too!
SUEELLEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 01:32 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 170?/130/130

Height: 5'2"

Hi sue ellen. I am in your corner! You can do it. For me the thought and the first 5 or 10 min of my workout is the absolute worst for me until those wonderful endorphines kick in. That is what i try to think about is how good it feels during and after!!! And that i did it! My sister is 30 min from me and my best friend is in Virgina and they belong to programs also I try to think of them at the Gym as well and that is a wonderful motivator for me. My sister belongs to Curves as well she would be good to talk to. She is also a member here to as Ladybugfun. we would both love to struggle with ya.
your frriend,Amyz
amyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 08:07 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 214/208/175

I am in my forties (43 next month)....can i join too? I have 40 pounds or so to lose, and metabolism seems impossibly slow. I need some buddies!!!!
molly63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 08:28 AM   #14  

Hi folks....I've been checking out this forum for a while but just signed up. I'm 40 and my weight has fluctuated over the years but I know that I can stay at my optimal weight if I STAY FOCUSED! I have recently gotten my focus back and am on my way back down the scale.

I thought I'd sign up and say hello instead of lurking in the background....so HELLO and good luck to all of you!

daisimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 08:41 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 214/208/175

daisimae: How about giving us some hints on staying focused??? That is one of my biggest problems, i think. Thanks!!!
molly63 is offline   Reply With Quote