Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-03-2006, 01:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 145

Height: 5ft 3

Default Is Anyone Trying To Lose Weight On Slimfast?

Hi! I lost about 15 lbs on Slimfast about 7 yrs. ago. I've since had another child (he's 2 yrs) and have been losing and gaining the same 20 or so pounds everytime I attempt to lose it. I was getting really frustrated as I looked back at all the different things I've done to lose weight and remembered that before my wedding (7 yrs ago) I had used Slimfast. I know it's not the healthiest way to go about it, but I did get the weight off and kept it off untill I got pregnant for the second time! This time should be easier because I've learned alot about nutrition over the years (not that it makes losing weight any easier or that anything I do will work for anyone else) and I'm going to add sugar free protein powder (about 50 cals) to my Slimfast shakes. I'm going to do 2 shakes with protein powder and 1 balanced (higher protien) dinner. Ofcourse, I'm going to exercise an hour per day. Anyone want to try it along with me? Come on- we can support eachother! One thing that appeals to me about this plan is that I can take the weight off fairly quickly (I hope) and not have to plan for alot of meals...and the faster I take weight off the more inspired I am to stick with it. I have to be bathing suit ready in 6 weeks... Well, maybe that's wishfull thinking...but I'm going to try!
Throwing out the Girl Scout cookies now!
Kerry
good2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 01:22 PM   #2  
I'm doing this for me!

S/C/G: 205/196/160

Height: 5 2"

Hi there

I'm a slimfast user and I've been looking for others around here too but with no success!

I started nearly two weeks ago but I wasn't really sticking with it properly so I'm viewing this week as my first proper week an so far I've been ok with it but my weigh in is on monday. Its going to be hard to get through the weekend but I'm determined to lose some weight this week!

Have you started using slimfast yet then?
Sassy-Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 01:54 PM   #3  

Height: 5'4"

I'm not using it now but I may consider it in the near future. I've used it usually as a starting off point before I began longer-term diets. Basically, it's a good way for me to learn where my eating boundaries should be, it's a nice quick way to lose pounds, which reminds me of how good it feels to lose weight and is motivating once I get on the longer-term program, and I get so sick of the shakes and bars that when I get to eat real food again I'm excited, even if it is apples and salad.
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:09 PM   #4  

Smile

Hi,
I use slimfast allot. Breakfast is so easy to just grab a shake and go. The high protein ones work well for me. I really like the snack bars I think the peanut butter one tastes like a butterfinger. Yummy!!
Take Care!
blondiewyandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 01:42 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 145

Height: 5ft 3

Hey there, fellow Ohioan! Hmm, I guess I'll have to try those bars sometime. I agree that SlimFast is easy to follow...and it's a good way to get started. I'm looking to lose about 25 #. My first goal is to lose 15 of that by April 15th. I'm going on a cruise and I refuse to be fat and look at other women in bikinis wishing that I looked that good!
Kerry
good2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 04:04 PM   #6  

Hi,
I only wish i was that close to being in a bikini. I have allot to lose. Oh going on a cruise sounds fun. I hope when you go you have a blast!
blondiewyandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 05:29 PM   #7  

Default Did Someone Say SlimFast?

Hey girls. Wanted to let you know that we do have a small thread going on the general diets forum. It's not busy enough to have its own dedicated forum so we just made a monthly thread. There are just a few of us, had some others as well but they've disappeared. It's been slow this weekend due to people busy with family,etc. It would be great if you gals would like to stop by and join us!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77662

I used slimfast the first time about 4 years ago, lost 80 pounds, was 30 away from my goal. I went back to old habits and regained it all back. I yo-yo'd for awhile with various plans but couldn't stick to anything. I decided to go back to what I know works and I've been doing it since the beginning of Jan.
Things are slow going right now, something to do with medications I take. Hopefully resolving that tomorrow with the dr. so I can get on the road to weight loss again. I've never wanted anything so bad in my life!!

Anyways, enough about me...just wanted to point you girls in the direction of the thread we use.

Hope the weekend is treating you all well.
desertdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 11:53 AM   #8  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Hows it going Slimfasters?! You should come join us over on our little Slimfast forum, we'd love to have you! Slimfast isnt an unhealthy way to go. Its all about calorie in vs calorie out and slimfast just gives you more control!

I've had amazing success with Slimfast, I just love the plan! Especially now that they've revamped it. Good luck to you!! I hope to see you over on the board!
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote