Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-27-2006, 11:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 256/256/155

Red face 2 fat 2 long

Hello anyone or everyone.
100 lbs please.
I just weighed in at the Drs today and got the disgusting reading below.
I'm so tired of everything aching and being tired all of the time.
With the big 40 coming up in a few months, I realized that I will have been overweight more than half of my life.
I'm going to Cancun for my birthday and I want to aim for 20 lbs off by then.
I have a husband, 2 dogs, 2 cats. Bless his heart, my hubby never nags me about my weight.
Anyway, I just came across this site and I could definitely use some moral support. Anyone want to play with me??
Barb
pmbarbara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 11:04 PM   #2  
back on track, again!

S/C/G: 307/see the ticker/healthy

Height: 5'8"

Default You can do it!

Hi! I'm new to the site too, with 120 lbs left to lose. I'd love to be a motivational buddy for you. You can do it.... and so can I, lol. Hope that knowing you have support helps you as much as it does me! Good luck, and let's get to work.

Dee
NavyWifeDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 02:02 AM   #3  

Hi to you both !

You can do it and you've made the first step towards it ! Trust me, it IS possible and it isn't horrible if you know how to do it ! Know that the only thing you have to learn is that TIME is the key - it's the only big secret. Add in undertsanding of foods and exercising - educate yourself in it all. This site is a great start and will also motivate you when you're feeling unmotivated.

I have been fat every since I was a kid, I still have a way to go but I weighed 232 pounds when I was at the point that you are at now (the only difference is I'm a little ahead in TIME than you ladies - nothing else!). I know what it feels like, I had an aching back for ages and ages, nothing fixed it I couldn't even sleep in it hurt, constantly tired all those things. I still am tired at times but not as much and my back ache is completely gone ! I am now down to 183lbs. It's taken me about 6+months to lose it as there are times I have gotten slack or still been eating too much junk.

It's just math - burn more in a day than you eat in a day - then add in TIME and you're weight drops off !!! Eat more each day - add in TIME you stack on the pounds, turn the cycle around and eat less than you burn naturally in a day (with no exercise) and you loose the pounds. Exercise of course helps you along your way and walking I've found is the best. I now do (I didn't start like this) 20min on my manual treadmill which is like walking up a hill as it's inclined also approx 4-5 times a week. I also lift 1.1kg weights about 5 time a week and started doing situps etc. Exercising 1 hour before food or 2 hours after food also helps strip fat (as after eating body has high insulin levels and you burn more sugar than fat). To loose the punds though heart pumping exercise is the BEST, cardio, not weights etc but these will help you feel stronger.

I feel that one of the most important things is to educate yourself - KNOW that it is possible. Genetically I'm subject to gain weight - but it doesn't mean I can't lose it. I won't be beat by the fact that it is harder for some and easier for others and some people have no trouble with weight gain. Take your time, enjoy it, you'll feel good as it slowly goes away and you lose fat. Try out www.fitday.com too to monitor your food intake, use the back off food lables to put in exact amounts and try eat about 500 cals less than the amount of calories you require in a day (use the free sign up version of the program).

the body is an amazing thing and you too have an amazing body ! Now gove it what it wants and enjoy the journey, you won't regret it one bit !! Time and education are the answers !!!!

have fun

232/183/132
nature09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 08:54 AM   #4  
gahowe2

S/C/G: 257

Thumbs up another fat one

Hey there! I am new to the site too. I started with the weight loss thing about 6 weeks ago and am down 18 pounds but still have 71 more to go. I am newly married and have 2 kids of my own with 2 step daughters, and 4 grandkids. My husband is the most wonderful guy and does not bug me about my wieght but I do know that his other wife was real skinny, he will not tell me that, but his sister has NO problem pointing out to me that I am not a size 2 like her. I have 2 sisters who are small as well, lucky me I got the FAT GENE!!!!. I really am doing this for myself but it has not been easy because I have been known for my cooking. I wish it were as easy to take off as it was to put on. When I was younger, yeah I was really small and after I had my kids the weight never just came off, my husband at the time was a jerk about it, so I just quit trying, now I am WAY too heavy and need to refocus on the weight loss.
gahowe2 is offline   Reply With Quote