Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-26-2006, 04:51 PM   #1  

Default just starting Sonoma diet

I Just bought "Sonoma Diet" book, any tips would be appreciated as I get started. I need to lose about 40-50 pounds. I have been exercising pretty consistently for about 8 weeks, cardio 4-5 x/week and also weights 3x week, but have lost only 3 pounds-- have been just trying to eat healthier, its obviously not working very well!!!
KatieN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 05:24 PM   #2  

Katie - Welcome! I wish you much success.. First, remember, with the amount of excersise you are doing, you are building muscle. It weighs more than fat (if memory serves me right). Measure yourself, if you haven't already, and watch the inches decrease!! The fats coming off, but the muscle gain won't let it reflect on the scale. Frustrating, yes, but don't let it get to you.. How do your clothes feel? Any difference? It will come off, just be a little more patient.

I have no advice about the Sanoma Diet, as i'm an Atkin's dieter myself, but I wish you lots of luck and great outcome.
Falon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 05:54 PM   #3  

Hi Katie -

I have more weight to lose than you, but I'm running into similar problems, and wonder if maybe we can buddy up! I cardio 3-4 times per week, and while it's getting so much easier, I quit noticing any weight loss 8 weeks ago. I treated myself to a trainer, who immediately took measurements and started me with some weights - I'm noticing inches, but not weight. I'm picking up Sonoma tonight, and would love to "start out" with someone, especially someone who's incorporated exercise into their plan.

Best of luck, and look forward to hearing from you soon!
Debbers
debbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 01:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/219/140

Default Hi Sonoma First dayer!!!

Hi,
Could also use a buddy. Just started the Sonoma diet today. So far so good!
Started back at the gym, but starting slow. 30minutes on eliptical 4 to 5 times a week. Have 80 to 100 IBs to lose. But mini goal is my first 20!
I am 39 with a 12 year old son. Have always been on the chunky side but recently remarried and gained 55 IBs in a year in a half!!! So unhappy with the new me...have to make the old one come back!!! Good luck and hopefully we can be supportive to each other!
Ginny
ginny0034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 04:57 PM   #5  

There's a special forum for Sonoma people; it seems very helpful. I am thinking about trying out the plan--seems easy to follow and lots of healthy food.
Elanajel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 10:41 PM   #6  

I'm also starting the Sonoma Diet tomorrow and a little apprehensive because it has a lot of cooking involved. Having 3 kids, I'm pressed for time many evenings and I don't know if I can work this newer healthier way of eating in! Good luck to us all!
cindymomtwo3 is offline   Reply With Quote