Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-23-2006, 02:22 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

Hi Guys! I am offically off that plateau!!!! I think it helped to know that there were others in the same predicament!! Thanks!
Wide in Winnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 02:11 PM   #17  
lil_mommi77

S/C/G: 190/180/150

Hi, everyone. I am also new to this forum. I just had my fourth child, and I am miserable!!!! I am ususally one of those girls that makes everyone sick when I shrink back down to normal size one month after giving birth. Not this time though. I am the one who is sick. I am a full time student and between my school schedule and my kids I have next to no time to excersize, and I live off of coffee just to make it through the day. I went on a fruit and veggie diet a month ago, and I lost almost ten pounds but then I think my scale just got stuck. I feel very discouraged but I have found all of your stories to be very helpful. I just wanted to ask if anyone has any sugggestions for me. I would really appreciate it. THANXX

Last edited by lil_mommi77; 02-26-2006 at 01:46 AM.
lil_mommi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 10:08 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 170/170/155

Smile

Hey yall! This is my first visit. I am having trouble losing the last 20 pounds too. I was thinking about trying to eat no sweets for awhile. What do you think? Seems like to me if you could get the cravings out of your system you could be able to stick to it. I am from Mississippi.
haralson2leach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 03:43 AM   #19  

Height: 5'3

Hello girls. I really dont know if I can help you, but I can tell you what's worked for me. Weight watchers was a good diet for me bc I could pretty much eat what I wanted just with moderate portions. I'm also finding calorie counting helpful, and I did in the past too. I've done atkins twice. Once it worked beautifully. This last time it was not so great. It's also difficult because it requires cooking almost everything and you need a fridge to keep your snacks in during the day. I think the best thing for a busy mom would be calorie counting. If your scale is stuck you can experiment with different limits or maybe try calorie cycling. I'm sorry I cant be more helpful but please let us know what you decide to do.

As for the not eating sweets, wow. what great willpower. I think it will work, though. People who are on atkins say they're not craving sweets after the first few days. I'm actually thinking about trying to limit my sweet stuff and adding more protein. I know they have threads about trigger foods around here and i definitely think that's a real problem. Once you eat something sweet that you love, you just want more and more. I think if you try it you're going to have to eat absolutely nothing sweet for a while. That might be hard.

Best of luck, shawna
shawnamadonna1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 09:46 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 165/161/140

Default I'm in too

Hey y'all, I'm new to this site as well and don't know what I'm doing, but I figure y'all will tell me. I fit into the need to lose 20 group, so this is a good outlet for me. I'm a transplanted Texan living in Florida. You can read my "bio" in a post I put in this morning in the support section. Don't want to retype it all again.

Looking forward to being healthy with you guys.

Les
LesIsMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 02:45 PM   #21  

HEY!! I just got home from a great brunch! Didn't get to eat much because my boy ate most of it! That a boy,helping mommy behave! lol! Have a great day and welcome to the Newbies!
Old 02-28-2006, 12:34 AM   #22  

Hi All! It's been pretty quiet around here.....where did everyone go??
Old 02-28-2006, 12:57 AM   #23  

Height: 5'3

Hi, I'm still here.

I had a rough weekend but today was good: I had 1260 calories but unfortunately not a lot of vegetables bc i need to go shopping.

exercises were 30 min elliptical, 7 very painful minutes on the guantlet stairstepper (the one that is actually a staircase that kind of falls out from under you), 200 crunches, 20 ab leg lifts, lots of leg lifts, 20 squats, 40 lunges. phew.

I'm also going to do the 21 day challenge posted somewhere on this site. I'll let you know what I decide to due by tomorrow nite. Best of luck to everyone, Shawna

Challenge rules:

"It works like this: you decide you'll do something for 21 days straight, every single day, so keep it doable. Then you count ....one through 21.....and if you flub it, you MUST go back to zero and start over again. Everyone will be on different days. You can start anytime. At the beginning of the challenge you declare what level it is -- Level 1, 2, or 3. Level 1 means you feel it's a relatively easy challenge for you and means you only give yourself ONE pause day (see explanation of pause days below). Level 2 would give you two pause days and so on...

With a pause day you pause in your counting and continue the next day with the number you left off with. Pause days are NOT substitutes for days, i.e. Day 12 -- Day 13 -- Pause Day -- Day 14..... I suggest taking a pause day late in the game (better to go back to Day 1 early on) if you need a break or screw up when you're well into the challenge, meaning, when you're on Day 15 or something like that.

In any case, the trick is to keep going. The momentum builds and it's great incentive to stick to your guns, cause if you don't.........back to START you go. And the really great thing about this challenge is that you are forming new habits that will wipe out the old! AND, you get to do it with a great bunch of really supportive people to whom you are accountable!"
shawnamadonna1013 is offline   Reply With Quote