3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Need to lose 60lb and get a buddy (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/76158-need-lose-60lb-get-buddy.html)

Moore2lose 02-14-2006 04:48 PM

Need to lose 60lb and get a buddy

Hello I'm 26, married and have two little boys and really need to lose about 60lb. Though I ultamatlly want to lose 100lb. I started trying to lose on Jan, 9 2006 and so far to date I have lost 8 lb.
I veiw dieting as a way of setting our selfs up for failure the way I see it no one cant be on a diet forever. So I have decided to eat healthery and exersize more.

Seven years ago I was diagnosed with hypothyriod, this has been my biggest herdly to get through right now.

I would love to have someone I can go though this with, someone to support and be soprted with. As a sahm I am online daily so if your interested let me know I am sereous about losing if you are.

busker 02-14-2006 05:20 PM

Hi Sarah

Hi! I'm right there with you. I don't have a specific date for my goal, but I miss being in shape, having clothes that fit, being able to keep up with friends...

And, true - you can't "diet" forever, because labeling something a "diet" is pretty much saying something is temporary. It's like they say - it's a total lifestyle change. I lost 75 lbs when I was 23, and kept it off for 5 years, but it's been coming back the last 2, because I didn't maintain my activity level. I'm still eating pretty healthy FOODS, but that's because I made that part of the "lifestyle" change years ago. However, I still have a tendency to fall into the portions-trap, and the sedentary lifestyle trap. So, I have to work at it.

You really do have to take it just one day at a time. Treat food like a necessity, not your reason for living. And treat exercise and activity as something that's fun and allows you to know you're alive, instead of a chore.

--Janis

Moore2lose 02-14-2006 05:54 PM

Thanks for replaying Janis so heres to a great weight lose jurney

MeggyMeg 02-14-2006 06:53 PM

Sounds Like Me!

I too am looking to lose about 60lbs and I think finding a buddy would definately help motivate me more.

I'm new to this site and was thinking of posting a similar entry on here.

If you want to chat you can find me on AIM at RubyEyes82 or yahoo [email protected]

Good luck to you!

Angel33 02-15-2006 09:05 AM

I too am in a very similar situation. I am 33, married and have a 2 yr old daughter. My goal is to lose about 85 pounds, but I would be alright with 50. I realize that I will never be a size 5.
I joined just yesterday. It was kinda by accident. I was actually online looking for weight loss charts to track progress, when I came accross 3FC.
So far I really like what I see on 3FC. It is nice to know your not in it alone.

Moore2lose 02-15-2006 11:51 AM

Great to hear from all of you. I just found a great site to track your wieght loss food and exercize www.fitday.com there is also a journal that can be linked to this site in your profile. I know the only way I lose weight is by counting calories, this site make it so much easier.

jodilynn 02-15-2006 12:30 PM

I too have about 60# to lose (& I NEVER want it back) I just turned 37 and have 2 kids. I'm starting Sonoma diet because it seems to be something that my hubby will tolerate doing too. I think that motivation will be key for me to lose the weight, but I find that digging through forum boards isn't always the best solution for me. I think that either emailing directly or maybe doing the forums like a weekly bulletin board so it stays near the top of the list & can be found easily. NOT trying to take over, but I really need a buddy to help me stay on track.