3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Introducing Me! Slim Fast Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/75935-introducing-me-slim-fast-diet.html)

1newlife 02-12-2006 02:15 PM

Introducing Me! Slim Fast Diet

Hi Everyone!

I am new to this forum I just joined yesterday. My name is Nikki, 22 years old, married for going on 4 years, and 2 lovely step-daughters.

I just started the Slim Fast Diet Yesterday. 2 shakes and 1 itty bitty dinner! Normally I don't eat at all during the day or early part of the night. I also don't drink at all during the day, but ALWAYS during the late part of the night (during sleeping hours 12midnight-4am).

I have 100x3+69lbs to loose.

I have under active thyroids, and I refuse to take med's for that. And this according to my Dr is what my problem as far as gaining or loosing weight is.

I am not expecting to loose all of the weight that I want to loose on the slim fast diet, this is my STARTING point!

I also have to learn how to properly arrange meals my biggest problem is alot of the time, i'm NOT hungry, and then when I AM hungry I feel like i'm STARVING!!! I love vegatables & fruits, and I love rice & pasta's, I don't eat pork, very little beef, maybe 3 types of fish, only chicken breast, and a few types of seafood.

RICE & PASTA are the enemy in my life as I am more than happy to eat rice and cream of chicken soup for dinner or lunch anyday!! Pasta and tomatoe sauce have also made up dinner anyday!!

My dr's have suggested the stomach surgery, and have given me Phintermine along with a few other things before that I WON'T take.

I believe that I can do this WITHOUT surgery, and WITHOUT pills.

I will however need good friends/ a good support system, along with people that have tried or done this before!

I also look forward to being a good friend/support for others here as well!

Nothing is impossible if you have the DETERMINATION to do all it takes!

~Nikki

princess_atti2ed 02-12-2006 05:39 PM

Hey Nikki,

Welcome to our site.. Hopefully you will find some great friends here to give you support... It certainly does help to have other in similar situations motivated you along!

Myself, well Im not in the exact same boat as you but I certainly have done the weighloss thing before... I have hypothyroidism as well, so I certainly know the struggles that can cause, although I do take meds. I don't know a whole lot about the gastric bypass, I have a few ppl at work that have had it and they had great success, but it certainly is NOT for everyone!

I have never been able to do slim fast, cuz I don't like the taste but I do weight watchers here at home on my own... I went to meetings a long time ago and had great success with the program, and certainly am never hungry!! Im down about 13 lbs so far since the end of November, which isn't great and I know that it could be more, but its a start!!

anyway if you ever want to chat or anything feel free to email me or private message me or get me on YIM, AIM, MSN... Good luck and with a little determination and motivation you can do anything you set your mind to!!

Heather :hug:

1newlife 02-13-2006 12:28 AM

Thanks Heather! Keep in touch, and congrat's on your weight loss so far! I look forward to hearing more as you progress!

~Nikki

sjdphc 02-13-2006 01:19 PM

HI! Welcome to 3FC! I also started slim-fast this past Friday. I only plan to be on it for about 4 weeks just to jump start my weight loss. I've been posting on a thread called "Slim-Fast February". A couple of others are also doing slim-fast. You are welcome to join us! By the way, I noticed you said that you are doing two shakes and a small dinner? What about snacks? What did you make yourself for dinner? I frequent the slim-fast website. It's very informative and helpful. Feel free to PM me if you need some extra support! Take care!

~~Sunshine~~ 02-13-2006 01:44 PM

Hello and Welcome!! Good Luck on your weight loss!! You can do it!

1newlife 02-14-2006 04:03 PM

What did I make myself for dinner-a small saucer of broccoli, about a cup cooked. Snacks, no-I don't do those. I have managed to force myself to take in a bottle of propel water yesterday. So, that's good. I've visted the slim fast site as well...but it doesn't exactly "move me"! I have this thought that naturally they would say all lovely things on their own site about their product.

Thanks for the invite, I'll certainly check out your thread!

Good Luck with your weight loss, K.I.T!

~Nikki

1newlife 02-14-2006 04:05 PM

Thanks for the support SunShine! Keep up the good work!!

~Nikki

P.S: How do I get one of these pretty little goal keepers that everyone has??

srmb60 02-14-2006 04:11 PM

Where I come from a goal keeper is a handsome man in a mask with a hockey stick :)

Let me think a minute. If you go to your user cp you should be able to edit your signature and add a weight tracker.

BTW ... welcome!

MiaManning 02-14-2006 04:14 PM

Hello and Welcome! I just wanna let you know that snacks are your friend because they keep your metabolism going and help prevent you from getting that starving feeling you described earlier!

Also make sure you eat proteins and fiber to help keep you satisfied.:carrot:

Good luck!

Angel33 02-14-2006 04:23 PM

Hi Nikki,
Let us know how the Slim Fast works. I've tried in the past only to find that in a couple of days I'm starving. Good Luck to you.
I am also new to the site and I have a long road ahead of me.
Have you tried any of the Slim Fast bars or do you just drink the shakes?

sjdphc 02-14-2006 05:10 PM

Hi Nikki! I hope that you had more than just broccoli for dinner the other day and just forgot to type it! :o If you join their website, they offer easy-to-follow meal plans. You can customize them to fit your individual needs. Definitely try snacking. Even if it's only a piece of fruit, some veggies and fat-free dip, crackers, etc. It really helps! I've lost 3 lbs already since Friday! Don't give up! :hug:

Intrinsicat 02-15-2006 10:51 AM

The snack thing

I agree on the snack thing, and eating breakfast too. It's all about the metabolism. If you keep your body's processes running constantly throughout the day, it's going to work optimally. If you wait until you are starving you will most likely overeat in one sitting. Even if you are overweight at the time, your body will think your environment is lacking in food - and will store everything it gets when it gets it in preparation for the next starvation phase, consequently, you'll slow you metabolism - burning less and gaining more. It's a hard habit to break, but eating smaller amounts of the right foods in 3 to 4 hour increments is the best way to get your body functioning best for burning calories and losing weight. The hardest part for me is keeping the healthier foods handy - junk is cheap and easy to open and eat... healthy foods are more expensive and go bad faster, but look at it as money going to YOUR health and not the diet industry.

But from what you said about your Mt. Dew drinking - even if you just cut that one thing out for the first two weeks, or at least switch to diet, you'll probably see a marked improvement. And I agree those Fruit2O drinks are great! I hate drinking water too - I'd switch slowly if I were you, then in about 6 months, try a Mountain Dew again, I think you'll find it's like drinking syrup - bleh. I can't even touch Coke now, but I'm alas a Diet Coke fiend!

VirgoChic 02-15-2006 12:08 PM

Welcome :D

I can DEFINATELY relate with you on the not eating at all during the day and not really feeling hungry until late and night where I usually choose the wrong thing to eat. You'd thing with only eating once a day really or so, I wouldn't weigh as much, but such is life. I started doing the 3 hour diet a while ago and I did lose a couple pounds, but it was such a pain to eat something every 2-3 hours.. I wouldn't even be hungry.

Anyway, good luck with your loss! :hug:

1newlife 02-15-2006 01:40 PM

Dear Susan,

AHHH, yes, I have indeed heard of those! lol. Thanks for then info I will check into it and see if i can't get one of the non human ones!

~Nikki

1newlife 02-15-2006 01:41 PM

Dear Mia,

thanks for the info...I will do my very best to try and push myself to have some of these proteins and fibers! And....i may try considering a snack.

~Nikki