Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-08-2006, 08:20 AM   #1  
I'm all the sugar i need.

Default Hello, Hello! Just joined yesterday!

First of all, what is the deal with the ad on the right for New Chocolate Turtle Chex Mix?!?!? That DOES NOT help...it looks so yummy...ANYway, Hello! I'm excited to be here and start making changes with myself!

I'm a SAHM in my early thirties with a toddler. I'm 240 lbs and looking to lose about 80 lbs. right now. 4 years ago I was in this same boat but was able to get down to 150. I felt really good & was able to conceive my daughter after years of infertility. After she was born, we also had some other major life changes and it just threw me back into my old behavior to cope. And the pounds were more than willing to take up residence again.

Hope to make a few friends along my way down this weight-loss path...thanks for reading and have a great day!
sugarbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 10:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi and welcome! Do you have an eating plan in mind? Exercise you like to do?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 10:47 AM   #3  

Hi SusanB! I did Weight Watchers before and it worked, so I feel like I should do it again. I'm not looking forward to analyzing the points of everything, though. That's been something I've been trying to prepare for, and it's been hard. But, I'm ready now to do it if I have to.

As for exercise, I'm planning on doing something 5 days a week - Firm videos 3 days a week & pilates or yoga the other 2. Also, taking walks everyday.

Looks like you've had GREAT success!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What's been working for you? I love your "Eat clean & move"...cuts through the crap and sums it all up!
Old 02-08-2006, 12:20 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I've been accused of being simple

There's fabulous threads here about Weight Watchers. Have you found them? Those folks take good care of each other.
There's also walking threads.

I'm a calorie counter. I love love love calorie counting. If you're interested at all, I could talk your ears off for days!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 12:34 PM   #5  

Welcome! I know exactly what you mean about the Chex Mix! Shesh it's yummy.. I have a mantra I try and tell myself while under the influence of temptation: You're worth more than a bag of Chex Mix (or insert other things in it's place). It helps..

Carbs are my thing... so I cut them and sugar out of my life.

Good luck! You are in charge!!!
Falon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 05:44 PM   #6  
Not giving up!!

S/C/G: 323/200/175

Height: 5'8

Hello and Welcome!! Good Luck on your weight loss!! You can do it!
~~Sunshine~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 08:09 AM   #7  

Falon...GREAT mantra - I'll definitely be using that one! I totally know about the carbs & sugar, hence my name! I can usually make it until about 3:00pm and then the body screams TIME FOR THE CARBS, PLEASE! Sunshine, thank you and congrats to you as well! See, this is why I joined...I'm feeling inspired!
Old 02-09-2006, 06:38 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 170/168/135

Hi,
Just joined tonight and saw your message. I have two kids an I am in my mid-30. I have been trying ediets for the past 5weeks, but my progress has been slow. I am having a hard time finding someone to connect with. I guess to me the support is just as important as the diet.
I need a buddy or two to help me with my mood swing.
Any takers?
JH
formyheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 12:29 AM   #9  

Hi,
I have also just joined today. I would love a buddy or two so that we can cheer each other on. I have 4 children and a wonderful husband. I really need to do this for my whole family. (Set the right example and all). After a year (2005) of belonging to a weightloss group and only losing 10 pounds, I am determined to make 2006 the year I get serious and get this under control.
happyheart is offline   Reply With Quote